Thread: Underground Images

Underground Images

Hi Folks,

I have a need to cut some silhouettes of cave formations. Nothing specific, just general representations of what you would see during a cave tour -- stalactites, stalagmites, columns, etc.

Does anybody have some vector images that they would be willing to share? Or even some non-vector images that you think would look good if converted to a vector and cut in silloutte?

Thanks for your help,

Bill

Bill,

I couldn't find much - but as to not leaving you hanging - check out this site. You might be able to find a couple others that would have a 2D version or map of their cave. That would be a great image to TRACE for a vector art...

http://www.nps.gov/cave/photosmultimedia/index.htm

It's the Carlsbad Cavern website with some very large photos of their cavern. You should be able to download and convert a couple of their TIFs.

Sorry - nothing else to offer...

Steve
    Steve Beckham

Epilog Mini 24 with 45 Watt, Ricoh GX 7000 Sublimation, Corel X3, Corel X4 and PhotoGrav, Recently replaced the two 'used' SWF machines with brand new Barudans.

Thanks Stephen,

I'll try a couple of them and see how they come out. The big problem, of course, is when you do a silloutte and lose the detail of a photo a lot of times the result is just an unrecognizable "blob".

Bill

Bill this is from one of the pictures on the site. I darkened the dark bits and whited out the reverse. I then imported it into corel and did a trace. This is the result but I think it what Steve is referring to. By the way I only spent two minutes on this but with a bit of effort the result would have been much better.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Stephen and Frank, you are both "da man"!

Using the photos that Stephen pointed me to and with a little guidance from Frank on how to process them, I am getting what I need.

A Big Thanks to both of you.

Bill