Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: N.E. Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Peterson View Post
    Some teams continue playing after the holidays. These are the chosen teams, selected before the start of the season in a sacred and secretive ceremony. It is rumored that only teams with a winning record are allowed to play after December, but it is possible for a team with a losing record to be allowed to play.

After the Raiders complete collapse in their last Super Bowl appearance, the league elders decreed that the Raiders were to be banished from post-season play indefinitely.

The 49er's on the other hand will be permitted to play in the post season soon. Thus far they show the greatest promise of representing the Bay area, post seasonwise that is.

Until such time as a Bay area team is granted entrance into the post season, my advice to you is to embrace the light and join forces with the Packers fan base. You can enjoy winning and possibly even a post season experience this year.

ROFL
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

The Cowboys are not America's team. And it is a bit brazen and the height of arrogance to claim ones team represents America. The Cowboys deserve all the ridicule that comes their way as a result of embracing this title. Steel Curtain, Dog House or even Title Town are provincial descriptions. America doesn't need a professional sports franchise representing us.

The pats cheated, plain and simple. They willingly and purposely defied league rules. Whether or not the data collected provided any significant advantage is moot. They knowingly broke the rules in the pursuit of gaining a competitive advantage.

According to Merriam-Webster:
    cheat
    1 : to deprive of something valuable by the use of deceit or fraud
    2 : to influence or lead by deceit, trick, or artifice
    3 : to elude or thwart by or as if by outwitting <cheat death>
    intransitive verb
    1 a : to practice fraud or trickery b : to violate rules dishonestly <cheat at cards> <cheating on a test>
    2 : to be sexually unfaithful -- usually used with on <was cheating on his wife>
    3 : to position oneself defensively near a particular area in anticipation of a play in that area <the shortstop was cheating toward second base>

As for how far back this behavior goes for the Pats, the league is currently refusing to answer. They aren't confirming or denying whether or not the Pats cheated in their last Super Bowl appearance. A refusal to deny doesn't automatically mean that they did cheat, but given the flap with the NBA's gambling ref, I wonder why the NFL is trying to get ahead of this problem and shore up any doubts about the integrity of the game? I'm not sure what advantage they gain by not coming out and saying the is no evidence of past cheating.

And the $1.5 million fine is yet another indication of the severity or scope of the scandal. Did Goddel have evidence that the video taping went back to previous seasons? He did send out the 'No-Taping' letter in September of 2006. What precipitated this policy?

Lots of unanswered questions, and now that the toothpaste is out of the tube, I'll be seconding guessing the Pats just like I will second guess NBA ref's.

Can't even enjoy a game without someone screwing it up.
    Why don't you just get over it. Trying to steal somebody's signals go back before
    Ty Cobb for crying out loud. Real cheating is like doctoring up a baseball before it is pitched. Or putting corks in the baseball bat for extra power.
    Trying to steal signals is as american as apple pie. It is stealing..not cheating...big difference. Brady doesn't "cheat" when he throws the ball on the money. Our receivers don't cheat when they make a great catch.
    Trying to steal signals in football is overated anyways. There just isn't enough time between when they might pick it up and when you can impliment it. Some of this Ranting is really crazy. Reminds me of the Bush Hateful Syndrome.l Please get over it and talk real football.
    Gary K.

Cheating is cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Narozniak View Post
    Why not the media created that name way back and as a loyal fan I like it. This is just like the "Steel Curtain" or the "Dog Pound" or "Raider Nation". Do you know why there is a hole in the roof of Texas Stadium? Dallas fans will know.

Well since the Yankees had to be mentioned I think it could be worse, we could be like Boston fans and have shirts made up that say New Jersey sucks and then under it it says Yankees suck (Referring to when the Nets beat the Celtics in the playoffs. I saw this when I was at a red sox game) or chant Yankees suck in the middle of the 6th inning at a home game REGARDLESS of who they are playing (was at the same game and they played the Tigers) or chant Yankees suck during the Super bowl celebration. Obsess much? New England should be glad they have the Pats because Red Sox fans are plain and simple a bunch of babies. I am actually proud to be a fan of a team (Yankees) were a Red Sox fan can wear his teams colors in our house and not get beaten up for it. Try that in Fenway.

It is very sad that in New England Children have to come home crying because in LITTLE LEAGUE they are put on a team called the Yankees. This is brought on by Ignorant parents who are without a doubt ignorant fans, again Plain and simple. Some NE company was actually paying for new uniforms for little league teams named the Yankees to be named something else. These, Like racism or bias is taught and learned from parents and other fans, very sad. I have three Sister in Laws in Mass. as well as my wife being from Shrewsbury MA. so this is not just a rant, everything I said is fact.

Off Soap box now...
    yeah...NY fans are the BEST..ever been to a jets game in NJ or ever just TALK to a Giants fan

go sox!!!

Cheating is cheating.
    Ya I know.....We'er going to feel so GUILTY when we win another Super Bowl
    Gary K.
    Last edited by Gary Keedwell; 09-26-2007 at 11:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Tim, I didn't know a Giants fan was capable of talking. I've read that they communicate in a series of grunts and groans. Could just be an urban myth.

Gary - More power to ya if you care more about winning than how you win. I'm not saying that players/coaches/teams don't look for any kind of an edge they can get (legal or otherwise), but the Pats got caught with their hands in the cookie jar and there ain't nooooo backpedaling from that one. I'm just saying that I Barry Bonds, Phil Jackson and now the Pats all get an unofficial asterisk in the record books.

Tim, I didn't know a Giants fan was capable of talking. I've read that they communicate in a series of grunts and groans. Could just be an urban myth.

Gary - More power to ya if you care more about winning than how you win. I'm not saying that players/coaches/teams don't look for any kind of an edge they can get (legal or otherwise), but the Pats got caught with their hands in the cookie jar and there ain't nooooo backpedaling from that one. I'm just saying that I Barry Bonds, Phil Jackson and now the Pats all get an unofficial asterisk in the record books.
    Hey, Johnny one note, get over it. Nobody will remember it in a few weeks. The Pats are still the most talented team with the best coach in football.......eat you heart out.

You're cherry-picking my posts if you think I'm a Johnny One note. Just look at the post you are quoting me from. I'm picking on two teams!

Regardless your claim of the Pats dominance, last time I checked they still had to play the scheduled games. Anything can happen and anyone can win a given game. That's the poetry of sports.

I've little doubt the Pats are a good team. It's just disappointing to see such a good team have to resort to cheating. Especially against a significantly lesser opponent. Seems pretty natural to wonder what what they may have done in bigger games. I can understand the denial on your part. No one likes an asterisk.

You're cherry-picking my posts if you think I'm a Johnny One note. Just look at the post you are quoting me from. I'm picking on two teams!

Regardless your claim of the Pats dominance, last time I checked they still had to play the scheduled games. Anything can happen and anyone can win a given game. That's the poetry of sports.

I've little doubt the Pats are a good team. It's just disappointing to see such a good team have to resort to cheating. Especially against a significantly lesser opponent. Seems pretty natural to wonder what what they may have done in bigger games. I can understand the denial on your part. No one likes an asterisk.
    Johnny one note is your constant use of the word asterick.

Gary K.

As Neil Young sang, "This Notes for You"

Sorry Gary. Obviously a sore spot for you. Just for you I'll expunge any recollection of the Pat's ethical lapses and presume that all of their victory's were achieved honorably and honestly.

As Neil Young sang, "This Notes for You"

Sorry Gary. Obviously a sore spot for you. Just for you I'll expunge any recollection of the Pat's ethical lapses and presume that all of their victory's were achieved honorably and honestly.
    Gee Greg, will you do that for me. Make sure you scheduled enough time to accomplish the task. Last I counted , you had about 8 posts that contained either the word "cheating" or " asterisk" .
    Gary

Lol! I didn't know you cared so much to count! Your last post has left a smile on my face and a chuckle in my voice. People are giving me The Look.

Go Packers. Go Pats (except when they are playing the Pack).

Have a great season!

Ahhh Monday Nite Football....Pats leading Bengals 10- zip after 1st quarter.
    Gary
    Well, final score 34- 13. Pats averaging 37 points a game. They probably won't be able to keep the pace...but sure is fun now.
    Last edited by Gary Keedwell; 10-02-2007 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Update

Well, Sunday afternoon.....1st quarter Pats up 10 to 0. ....stay tuned.
    News Flash**** Half time Score..... Pats 20 Browns 0
    FINAL SCORE Pats 34 Bengals 17 Can't believe we gave up that many points to Cleveland. Oh well, the last time we won our 1st 5 games of the season....we won the Super Bowl.
    Gary K.
    Last edited by Gary Keedwell; 10-07-2007 at 4:13 PM. Reason: Halftime score

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Keedwell View Post
    Well, Sunday afternoon.....1st quarter Pats up 10 to 0. ....stay tuned.
    News Flash**** Half time Score..... Pats 20 Browns 0
    FINAL SCORE Pats 34 Bengals 17 Can't believe we gave up that many points to Cleveland. Oh well, the last time we won our 1st 5 games of the season....we won the Super Bowl.
    Gary K.
    go sox!!!!