Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: N.E. Patriots

I've nothing to jealous about. The Packers are a storied franchise. Favre has the most wins and will have the most TD passes in league history, three CONSECUTIVE MVP's and a Super Bowl ring.

Not taking anything away from the Pats, per say. However, if every other team was video taping signals and then matching them up with defensive sets at half time, I'm sure the commissioner would be a whole lot busier. And if every other team was doing this it would still be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Peterson View Post
    I've nothing to jealous about. The Packers are a storied franchise. Favre has the most wins and will have the most TD passes in league history, three CONSECUTIVE MVP's and a Super Bowl ring.

Not taking anything away from the Pats, per say. However, if every other team was video taping signals and then matching them up with defensive sets at half time, I'm sure the commissioner would be a whole lot busier. And if every other team was doing this it would still be wrong.
    The guy who dropped the dime on Belicheck , used to work for Belicheck. They have been having a fued. I saw the tape that they confiscated and it was hilarious. Four coachs giving the signs at the same time. Hey the Packers had their time....now it's our turn....Come on Greg...Feel good for us....Be nice....
    Gary K

Hey, as a sports fan, I know how fun and great it is when it's your teams turn to shine in the spotlight. I've nothing more against the Pat's than any other dominant team in any other league. The top dog(s) get the most praise and the most criticism. Can't have one without the other, just the way it works.

I'm happy for all the long suffering Pat's fans to finally have a great team these past few years and a new stadium to watch them play in. I've no doubt its indeed a great thing.

Now if we could just do something for those Cardinals fans. Talk about long suffering!

Hey, as a sports fan, I know how fun and great it is when it's your teams turn to shine in the spotlight. I've nothing more against the Pat's than any other dominant team in any other league. The top dog(s) get the most praise and the most criticism. Can't have one without the other, just the way it works.

I'm happy for all the long suffering Pat's fans to finally have a great team these past few years and a new stadium to watch them play in. I've no doubt its indeed a great thing.

Now if we could just do something for those Cardinals fans. Talk about long suffering!
    I assume you mean the FOOTBALL Cardinals of Arizona, and not the BASEBALL Cardinals of St. Louis. LOL!
    Keel McDonald ><>

Red face

Go Lions!

Someone had to say it...

Yes, Arizona "We Let 'em off the hook" Cardinals.

Thanks in part to the Lions, the Packers are in sole possession of the NFC North. Ten wins? Possible. I would rather see the Lions have a good season than the vikings. If the vikings ever see anything higher than fourth place in the division it'll be too soon!

Pat's suck.....Cowboys suck.......Colts suck........Packers suck........the only REAL football teams are the CA Bay Area teams.

BTW, what's a Super Bowl? What's a P-l-a-y-o-f-f ?????? Also, we here in Nor Cal have heard rumors that football is played after December. Is this true???? What for??????

Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Some teams continue playing after the holidays. These are the chosen teams, selected before the start of the season in a sacred and secretive ceremony. It is rumored that only teams with a winning record are allowed to play after December, but it is possible for a team with a losing record to be allowed to play.

After the Raiders complete collapse in their last Super Bowl appearance, the league elders decreed that the Raiders were to be banished from post-season play indefinitely.

The 49er's on the other hand will be permitted to play in the post season soon. Thus far they show the greatest promise of representing the Bay area, post seasonwise that is.

Until such time as a Bay area team is granted entrance into the post season, my advice to you is to embrace the light and join forces with the Packers fan base. You can enjoy winning and possibly even a post season experience this year.
    Last edited by Greg Peterson; 09-25-2007 at 7:42 PM.

I hope so Greg, I would like to see your old quarterback go out in glory.(I have an old person brain fart...can't remember his name). We (the Pats) got a tough game this coming Monday nite. Bengals
    Gary K.

Everyone brings their A game to the Pats. It ain't easy when you have that bullseye on your back. Look forward to an entertaining game regardless.

From A Woman's Point Of View...

All of our teams have gone through the GLORY DAYS, the not so good seasons, and it all comes down to: We love football! Staying behind your team through the good and bad is what it is all about! Of course it is much easier to be behind them when they win. The folks at Lambeau Field stay till the end even if their team looses!

Brett Favre (will anyone argue) has got to be one of the most entertaining and talented quarterbacks in the league! And...he is having fun! Buy some cheeseheads everyone and enjoy the season!

GO PACKERS

Phyllis

I miss Lou "The Toe" Groza
    Only the Blue Roads

Now that Dallas is 3-0, can we expect that whole "America's Team" nonsense again?
    Why not the media created that name way back and as a loyal fan I like it. This is just like the "Steel Curtain" or the "Dog Pound" or "Raider Nation". Do you know why there is a hole in the roof of Texas Stadium? Dallas fans will know.

Well since the Yankees had to be mentioned I think it could be worse, we could be like Boston fans and have shirts made up that say New Jersey sucks and then under it it says Yankees suck (Referring to when the Nets beat the Celtics in the playoffs. I saw this when I was at a red sox game) or chant Yankees suck in the middle of the 6th inning at a home game REGARDLESS of who they are playing (was at the same game and they played the Tigers) or chant Yankees suck during the Super bowl celebration. Obsess much? New England should be glad they have the Pats because Red Sox fans are plain and simple a bunch of babies. I am actually proud to be a fan of a team (Yankees) were a Red Sox fan can wear his teams colors in our house and not get beaten up for it. Try that in Fenway.

It is very sad that in New England Children have to come home crying because in LITTLE LEAGUE they are put on a team called the Yankees. This is brought on by Ignorant parents who are without a doubt ignorant fans, again Plain and simple. Some NE company was actually paying for new uniforms for little league teams named the Yankees to be named something else. These, Like racism or bias is taught and learned from parents and other fans, very sad. I have three Sister in Laws in Mass. as well as my wife being from Shrewsbury MA. so this is not just a rant, everything I said is fact.

Now back to the topic. The Pats cheated and IMHWWO they were not hit hard enough. If they are so dam good why did they have to do it in the first place? Should have been a DQ. If it would have been the Yankees stealing signs you can bet the WHOLE FARM that they would be calling for it to be a loss.

Off Soap box now...
    Last edited by Greg Narozniak; 09-26-2007 at 1:15 PM.

Maybe this is as good a place to jump into the fray with my first SMC post.

I'm a Steeler fan and know a little about dynasties. I've admired and respected the Pats/Bill Belichick/Tom Brady for several years. IMHO they have shown a lot of class in winning consistently, even though they bounced my Steelers out of the AFC Championship a few years ago. I wouldn't say I'm a fan, but I don't begrudge them their success. That said, the whole flap over the video-taping just diminishes their reputation. I don't know if it creates any real competitive advantage or if every other NFL team does it or not, but it just seems like a stupid thing to do, especially given the warnings the league issued to each team and the fact that Goodell is a no-nonsense commish.

The Steelers play the Pats in December (in NE). The way both teams are playing right now, this could be shaping up to be a really good game and maybe a prelude to the AFC title game. By then this whole controversy will likely be forgotten.

The Cowboys are not America's team. And it is a bit brazen and the height of arrogance to claim ones team represents America. The Cowboys deserve all the ridicule that comes their way as a result of embracing this title. Steel Curtain, Dog House or even Title Town are provincial descriptions. America doesn't need a professional sports franchise representing us.

The pats cheated, plain and simple. They willingly and purposely defied league rules. Whether or not the data collected provided any significant advantage is moot. They knowingly broke the rules in the pursuit of gaining a competitive advantage.

According to Merriam-Webster:
    cheat
    1 : to deprive of something valuable by the use of deceit or fraud
    2 : to influence or lead by deceit, trick, or artifice
    3 : to elude or thwart by or as if by outwitting <cheat death>
    intransitive verb
    1 a : to practice fraud or trickery b : to violate rules dishonestly <cheat at cards> <cheating on a test>
    2 : to be sexually unfaithful -- usually used with on <was cheating on his wife>
    3 : to position oneself defensively near a particular area in anticipation of a play in that area <the shortstop was cheating toward second base>

As for how far back this behavior goes for the Pats, the league is currently refusing to answer. They aren't confirming or denying whether or not the Pats cheated in their last Super Bowl appearance. A refusal to deny doesn't automatically mean that they did cheat, but given the flap with the NBA's gambling ref, I wonder why the NFL is trying to get ahead of this problem and shore up any doubts about the integrity of the game? I'm not sure what advantage they gain by not coming out and saying the is no evidence of past cheating.

And the $1.5 million fine is yet another indication of the severity or scope of the scandal. Did Goddel have evidence that the video taping went back to previous seasons? He did send out the 'No-Taping' letter in September of 2006. What precipitated this policy?

Lots of unanswered questions, and now that the toothpaste is out of the tube, I'll be seconding guessing the Pats just like I will second guess NBA ref's.

Can't even enjoy a game without someone screwing it up.