Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: N.E. Patriots

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Pelonio View Post
    I have to say that was a good close game last night, but both teams made a lot of mistakes. The Seahawks won but I'm not real confident about them this year. They sure can't stop the short pass by Palmer.
    Joe, we have no defense. Same thing it seems every year. They didn't use the draft or trade to do anything for the defense. We've go one of the Top offenses, but you can't win a championship if you lose...even if its only by a few points. My bet it we'll have an 8-8 season and 6 of those loss's will be with in 4 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Keedwell View Post
    I know Dick....but I was talking about more recently...Like this Century
    Gary
    Hey, if you only want to talk about the most recent, let's talk about the Colts. They are the only current champions. And to the best of my knowledge, they didn't CHEAT anyone. They EARNED theirs. And they are well on their way to another great season, possibly even another Super Bowl win.

And though I am a Colts fan (mainly because Manning played for the VOLS), my true loyalty lies with the Titans. But I know a good team when I see one.
    Keel McDonald ><>

Post New England & the Bills game-1 very unhappy fan!

Gary,
    Gary, send me some Prozac-- please! New England Patriots have their game plan down and they are a very good team - no doubt. I don't think that the play peaking incident had anything to do with the way New England played against the prior teams- if they bothered with that at all, they are just a well rounded football team.
    I , unfortunately , was on the receiving end of a horrible game, being a dye hard Bills fan. I was glad to see our backup in the game- People around the Buffalo area are starting to question Lossmans confidence. Every game he's played is relating to his last name- " It's another Loss man". Your team is Lucky so far as to not have 9 injuries to key players out of the game- 9. Can you imagine loosing that many 3 weeks into the season! Our team is so battered not only on the defense. now it's the offense line that is missing some key players. Our play calling on both ends needs some improvement as well- and in a hurry,It doesn't look good- not good at all. Last weeks game - we had the lead- 4th quarter with 3:47 remaining, it's 3rd down and four to go for another set of downs - offensive line coach calls in a long bomb- what was he thinking! Needless to say we lost the game, my hat goes off to your New england Patriots Gary and the whole organization- very good team- I just wish it was my home town team.
    Brian
    Last edited by Brian Weick; 09-24-2007 at 11:20 AM. Reason: typo

I'll cheer the Pats because of Brady. Someday, we hope to have a pro team here in Detroit.

Larry

It's all about having a good time and enjoying the games.

The Pats have put together some pretty incredible seasons. As a sports fan, I know how that feels. It's just a shame that the Pats so blatantly league rules against a lesser opponent. The natural question that begs to be asked is 'was this only time they cheated and if not, how far back and what games did they cheat in?' I know that during Packers game last year, packer security threw the pats camera man out of Lambeau field, so it appears this has been going on for some time.

The only pro franchise we have is the Trailblazers. So naturally, I follow the NBA fairly close. Not as closely as I follow the NFL or the Packers of course. The recent NBA ref scandal is similar to the Pats cheating for the same reason; every close call by an NBA ref will be now questioned.

I would rather believe that the Pats have been the superior team in their numerous victories over the past several years than have to go back and second guess whether or not they honestly earned the win. I feel bad for the Pats fans more than anyone else. With the JailBlazers tag, that frankly was well deserved, it ain't alot of fun to have your team cast in a negative light.

Here's to a great, entertaining season of pro football.

Go Packers.

And I was rooting for the Bengals yesterday. It was a heart breaker.

Go Seahawks!!! Go Houston Texans!!! Go TTU Red Raiders!!! Go Texas Rangers!!!

NUff said. No champions in my string of cheers! I root for looohooohooosers. Go figure. Well ok I like the Dallas Stars. So I get to cheer about 2 championship season in a combined 5 teams.
    Be a mentor, it's so much more fun throwing someone else into the vortex, than swirling it alone!

Dallas is 3-0 and looking remarkably good this year.
    Martin, Granbury, TX
    Student of the Shaker style

go saints!
    We are here on Earth to do good to others. What the others are here for, I don't know.

W. H. Auden

Now that Dallas is 3-0, can we expect that whole "America's Team" nonsense again?

How About Them Cowboys!!

Yeah, I figured so. Death, taxes and "America's Team" soon as the cowboys get any kind of respectable record.
    Go Packers !

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Keedwell View Post
    No fans have suffered as much as we have. (I think)

well maybe except the red sox fans, but that is kind of a group rate for suffering here in NE

To those people who insist on bringing up the video incident...i would wager that 100% of the teams do the exact same thing . I am not proud of what happened, but i do not think it deserves an "asterisk" either. We have scored 38 points each of the first 3 games and i would expect that number to increase as the patriots kick into high gear. We are still missing some VERY key players on defense...BTW

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Peterson View Post
    Now that Dallas is 3-0, can we expect that whole "America's Team" nonsense again?
    I sure hope not. They lost that title when they treated Tom Landry poorly. Tom was a class act, and was not treated well at the end by the new owner.
    Martin, Granbury, TX
    Student of the Shaker style

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Morton View Post
    To those people who insist on bringing up the video incident...i would wager that 100% of the teams do the exact same thing . I am not proud of what happened, but i do not think it deserves an "asterisk" either. We have scored 38 points each of the first 3 games and i would expect that number to increase as the patriots kick into high gear. We are still missing some VERY key players on defense...BTW
    I know what you mean, Tim. I think they (Greg) bring it up because of jealousy. Just like they used to like to see the Yankees lose or the Great Celtic's teams tumble.
    Everybody knows that the Pats are great and do not need any help from any stinkin videos. 3 games and 114 points to prove it.
    Gary K.