Thread: Shop time and a few pens today **PIC**

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

Shop time and a few pens today **PIC**

I managed to get a whopping 3 hours shop time today. I prepped 25 sets of blanks and managed to turn 6 pens. The jury is still out on the top pen in the photo. I am not sure whether I like it ot not - it is growing on me though. I didn't have enough of the blue/white acrylic to make 4 pens so I made the bottom of one with a piece of Gongola-Alves. The bottom 2 are corian variations of slim line kits.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Cool looking Pens. I like the blue/white acrylic and red ones the bestest!!

Question, how do you clamp your corian when it is sliced so small? is it predrilled or do you cut slices then drill it later? OR do you do something else??

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie Wright
    Cool looking Pens. I like the blue/white acrylic and red ones the bestest!!

Question, how do you clamp your corian when it is sliced so small? is it predrilled or do you cut slices then drill it later? OR do you do something else??
    I stack/glue the slices first - clamp overnight and then drill for the tubes.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.