Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PhotoGrav 3.0 upgrade

PhotoGrav 3.0 upgrade

I was just notified of an upgrade to version 3.0. Any thoughts on the new version?
    Stanley
    LaserPro Sprit 30 Watt...Corel X5..PhotoGrav 3.0

I just hope they have more settings for wood. THey currently have only two and I would like to see at least pre set settings for Maple and Baltic Birch.

I don't find much use for the Walnut settings, but I use the Cherry alot. More would be good. I would love to hear about it too.
    Jim Watkins
    Aliso Viejo, CA.

EPILOG Mini 24 - 45w
    Corel X4; PhotoGrave 3.0
    Nova 1624-44 Lathe

I talked to them on Monday... They said it would not be ready for a month or so...
    Epilog 75 Watt 36 EXT... Corel X3... PhotoGraV...

I am blessed to be able to be part of the beta testing for the version 3.0 of Photograv. They have made a TON of improvements. All of them in a good direction so far.
    Some of the more major changes include the ability to import other file types, other than the standard 8bit grayscale bitmap. Full Color, Bitmaps, Jpegs, Tiff's and PNG's.
    You can also resize the image once inside PhotoGrav.
    They have even added a split panel view. You can view the original as you adjust your settings and see how the simulated image is going to be effected.
    The work flow is more linear, so even the most novice users can pick this up and begin using it.
    All in all the already great program is on its way to another great program.
    Kevin W. Huffman II
    Pinnacle Laser

I sure hope they intend to give a break to those that bought their old, old, ancient version with-in the last year, so we don't feel like we've been ripped off.. If I had known a new version was coming, and that the version I bought had not had a update in 6-7 years, I would have waited and continued with the slower methods.. I sent a email regarding upgrades to them a month ago, but have not been blessed with a reply as of yet!
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

On their website they say since the 1st August 2007 would be entitled to a free upgrade (Oh whoopee do). So be prepared to get ripped off again! The program is good but was way overpriced when I bought it two years ago and way overpriced for what it does. As it is a time saver we all know, as do Photograv, that we are a captive audience and it will be a case of having to upgrade despite the cost.
    To incur another expense of the magnitude of the copy I bought, I will be expecting it to do an awful lot of song and dancing!
    Last edited by Frank Corker; 09-14-2007 at 4:32 AM.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

We are also using the beta, very nice. You can also resize the pictures within photograv.
    Rebates will be as follows:
    C. Instant Rebate Coupon (these Coupons will only be honored by Imagelaz)

1. Current owners of Photograv 2.x are eligible for an instant rebate of $200.00. The final price is $195.00 plus the cost of shipping ($10 in continental USA)

2. Instant Rebate for 2007 Purchase (limited time only, expires 6/30/2008)
    Customers who purchased Photograv 2.11 since January 1, 2007 are eligible for an additional rebate equal to 5% of the retail price times (x) the number of the month in which Photograv 2.11 was purchased.

Example for a customer who purchased Photograv 2.11 in May 2007:
    5% x 395.00 = 19.75 x 5 (month of purchase) = 98.75.
    Final cost: 195.00 – 98.75 = 96.26 plus 10.00 shipping = 106.26
    Last edited by Dean Novakowski; 09-14-2007 at 8:04 AM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Corker View Post
    On their website they say since the 1st August 2007 would be entitled to a free upgrade (Oh whoopee do). So be prepared to get ripped off again! The program is good but was way overpriced when I bought it two years ago and way overpriced for what it does. As it is a time saver we all know, as do Photograv, that we are a captive audience and it will be a case of having to upgrade despite the cost.
    To incur another expense of the magnitude of the copy I bought, I will be expecting it to do an awful lot of song and dancing!
    We have Photograv and yes it was little pricey but worth it in the long run. I personally can pull of what it does on Photoshop but my wife or partner can't. The software has been great for them. I use is sometimes because of the speed. Not always the best results but with a little tweaking it does the job.

The software may be pricey but not out of line with the size of the customer base they have. This is not Excel or Photoshop that has mass volume. I write automation software for the CNC industries and it is time consuming and expensive. Software is not cheap except when you sell it to the masses.

Alright off my soap box,
    Wil
    Epilog EXT36 60w, Corel 12, Adobe CS3, ArtCAM Pro 2010, Techno LC4896

Memory doesn't serve me - but what is the second software program that does what Photograv does? We talked about it in the Indy show. It retails in the high $1800 range?!?!?

My understanding is they are working a release that will be at the $450-$500 range of a scaled down version to compete with Photograv

Any body have the scoop? I'll try to find out the name again... The salesman (nod/nod/wink/wink) told me how much better it was than photograv - so much better there wasn't any flyer and I forgot the name to even research it...

Well you know what they say - you can always trust the salesman - no wait, that's a lawyer - no wait, maybe the politician - no... I'll guess we'll have to wait until the press-release - no.... Darn, who knows the truth anymore?

Steve
    Steve Beckham

Epilog Mini 24 with 45 Watt, Ricoh GX 7000 Sublimation, Corel X3, Corel X4 and PhotoGrav, Recently replaced the two 'used' SWF machines with brand new Barudans.

There is a plug-in for photo shop called Andromeda screens. This replicates exactly what photograv does but it has much more flexibility it is not as automated as photograv but it does a really good job.

Mike I've just posted http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=65376 this uses Andromeda Etchtone
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Engraver's Network

I bought my copy of PhotoGrav from Engraver's Network in June 2007. They are offering a graduated upgrade plan for anyone who purchased PhotoGrav from them ... my upgrade to 3.0, based on my purchase date, is $76.00.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Greg Vaughn [Epilog Helix 45W] - CorelDrawX3 - Photograv 2.11

I bought my photograv in January 2007 my upgrade is $175.00. I will take this offer,as it has been worth the price for me.

I'm one of the people that purchased PhotoGrav in the last few months...

If they would have told me about the new version, I would have waited... Guess that's why they DIDN"T TELL ME about the new version...

What a BUNCH of augh!!! Turrets is starting to kick in so I better stop here...
    Epilog 75 Watt 36 EXT... Corel X3... PhotoGraV...

When I first got Photograv, I thought I had to load it on Win3.11. I also purchased my copy in June so hopefully what Gregg has stated is true.