Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Valley A Very Pleasant Surprise

Lee Valley A Very Pleasant Surprise

Hi All.

I just got home from work and found a cheque from Lee Valley in my post, apparently I bought a Kreg bandsaw fence from them, that has now had a price reduction in their new catalog and they have refunded the difference.
    I must say that I have never before experienced such an extraordinarily good service (I had to sit down and think about it for a minute, because to me it’s pretty unbelievable that a store I bought a product from, at a price I was happy to pay, had decided that I was due a refund and sent it without me even having to ask for it).

Anyway, a big thanks to Rob Lee and Lee Valley for their exceptional service to their customers.

Thanks for reading this…Graham…
    Last edited by Graham Skinner; 09-11-2007 at 8:58 PM.

Now that's customer service. I'm not used to refunding money to my customers, course most of our sales costs just keep going up and up and upppp.
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

I have heard of this happening with this vendor...and I love to purchase from them simply because they have the best customer service on the planet.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

That is great, Lowes will do that same thing for up to 30 days.
    I bought a drop in stove and 2 weeks later it was on sale for half of what I paid, went back with the receipt and no problem they gave me the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Huber View Post
    That is great, Lowes will do that same thing for up to 30 days.
    I bought a drop in stove and 2 weeks later it was on sale for half of what I paid, went back with the receipt and no problem they gave me the difference.
    Yeah, but that isn't the same. It would only be the same if Lowes AUTOMATICALLY sent you a refund.

I would say that their decision to give it WITHOUT asking is why they have so many loyal customers. Also hooray to LV for only selling quality items when the majority of companies seem to go as cheap as possible.

Count me as another longtime loyal customer.
    Last edited by Paul Hendrickson; 09-11-2007 at 9:15 PM.

Wow, Graham that is simply awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I have heard of this happening with this vendor...and I love to purchase from them simply because they have the best customer service on the planet.
    I haven't dealt with everybody on the planet, but I'm sure that you are right. I have a great story that I've been meaning to post about Lee Valley as well. But I need to get some pics prepared first.

Lee Valley is awesome, if they sold everything I needed, I'd buy everything from them, even if it cost more. I love the guys.

I agree Allen, I only get my hand tools from them now, but I have also got some good deals on Japanese chisels from a guy selling on ebay.

Well, I'd never suggest that you should not buy from anybody else, just that I appreciate them so much that I'll give them my business before I'll give it to anybody else if I am given the chance.

I decided to make my first plunge with LV this past weekend. I placed my order around midnight saturday night....got an email right away that my order was received then on Monday morning I received an email that my items were shipped and it looks like they should be here tomorrow or thursday. So far I am very impressed.

With all of the bad customer service problems we all hear about it is good to show praise when good things happen.

when i was in cabinetmaking school everyone of my teachers raved about lee valley, i ordered a few things and yes, 10/10! but when i got a cheque from them due to a price reduction, it just further solidifies their name. Oh yeah..they're Canadian too

great company!!!

"Oh yeah..they're Canadian too "

We won't hold that against them

Gary K.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Keedwell View Post
    "Oh yeah..they're Canadian too "

We won't hold that against them

Gary K.
    uh huh, i know you're jealous gary, its ok

Quote Originally Posted by nick brigg View Post
    uh huh, i know you're jealous gary, its ok
    Your right I'm jealous....We don't have a Lee Valley down here in the good old USA.

Gary K.

Hi Graham -

Thanks for buying from us in the first place...

Cheers -

Rob