Thread: Hello and a Festool ?

Smile Hello and a Festool ?

another "new guy" stepping in to say HELLO, and ask for some guidance/opions

I'm pretty much set on getting the Festool ATF55 and dust extractor but can't decide on the CT22 or CT33.
    I'm "just" a hobby wworker and feel the 22 would be enough, but was wondering if anyone who has the 22 ever wished they had the 33 instead.

Thanks in advance, nice place ya got here

Welcome Kevin. I can't speak much to the Festool question. Just saying Hi. Some of the others here have Festool equipment, and I'm sure they'll be able to contribute more than I can. Once again, Welcome

Hi

Hi Kevin -

Welcome top the Creek. A friendly place to hang out. Pull up a stump and dangle your feet for a while.

Sorry I don't have any hands-on experience with the Festool dust suckers.

Ted

Hi Kevin,

Nice to meet you. Welcome to Sawmill Creek. I have the 22 and it does all I ask of it. Dave.

Kevin,

Welcome aboard. Here's my take on it. Festool sells way more CT 22's than 33's. Probably has to do with the extra $70.00 for the 33. The 33 has a larger capacity 8.7gallons vs 5.8 and a small, built-in storage drawer. But both have the same motor, hence the same performance.

Bob
    bob m

Hi Kevin,

Nice to have you at the Creek! Really a nice place to hang out, share and learn. As for the Festool, well, I don't have one of their suckers, but I do have a few other tools with their logo on them. All's I can say is, if it says "Festool", it says, "Quality". And, I'm not even sure if that quality is surpassed or followed very closely by exceptional Customer Service! You win all the way around!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

22 here

I have the 22 and have never felt the need for the 33.

Welcome aboard! My choice will be the CT-22...how much room can fine dust take? Besides, it leaves a little more money available for the other black and green tools you want Bob to send you.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Kevin,

Bob just set me up with the CT11 (and sander)...works nicley in my garage that shares room with a car. I don't know if he has any left (probably would have said so as he had limited stock on hand) but they were on closeout for $269.

BTW. Welcome to the Saw Mill Creek...be careful of the wood twirlers in these here parts....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.