Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SMC Turner Interview - Pat Taylor

Great interview Pat!!!!!
    Glad to see that the LOYL has a good sense of humor. Life is much more enjoyable..to me anyway...when both of you have a good sense of humor.

Now...about that "knitting" room....just use it to "knit" your wood.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Great interview Pat. I enjoy watching your progression and look forward to seeing more. I appreciate that you like my work, but am curious as to why you chose a bowl covered with aluminum foil that I posted as a joke, as an example???

Great interview Pat. Nice to know you a little better.

Pat, what a nice interview, and it's nice knowing about you. I've admired (and envied) your pens.

Glad you're there to help keep our brother sailors safe in the deep.

Nancy (124 days)
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Great interview Pat! Man in 8 months you've progressed nicely with your turnings!
    Thanks Ken! That's quite a compliment and it really means a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Spafford View Post
    Great to get to know ya better... I can't believe the talent you have for only having been turning 8 mos. Turning is definitely your thing! I always look forward to your posts with your fantastic pens... so keep up the good work!
    Again, thanks so much for the kind words. I'm glad you're enjoying the pens, and I promise I'll post some other work too someday...

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock View Post
    Now...about that "knitting" room....just use it to "knit" your wood.
    Oh man! The wrath, were I to cover the MULTIPLE CLOSETS of yarn with sawdust, is almost unimaginable. Sometime I'll sneak a photo of her yarn stash. It SERIOUSLY puts most of us to shame. Even Chris Hartley's "wall 'o bowl blanks".

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Stinson View Post
    I appreciate that you like my work, but am curious as to why you chose a bowl covered with aluminum foil that I posted as a joke, as an example???
    Well, I had meant the hollow forms, but I will assume that Andy was looking to pull some "Editorial Shenanigans"

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Laird View Post
    I've admired (and envied) your pens.
    Glad you're there to help keep our brother sailors safe in the deep.
    Wow Nancy, that's great coming from seasoned pen turner! As for my day job, I'm pretty proud of it and I hope I make a noticeable contribution. Thanks .

Thanks to EVERYONE for such great compliments, and I hope you had as much fun reading as I did answering! These interviews are a lot of fun, thanks for doing it Andy!

patrick--

as busy as you have been lately, i figured that you would get 'snagged' soon.

great interview!

i enjoyed the websites, also. very nicely done.

keep up the good work.
    best regards,

jeffrey fusaro

Great interview PAT. Someday a DC Creeker event would be great.

Tony
    Tony

"Soldier On"

Good interview, Pat. You're still young, life is good, enjoy!!

Very interesting!

You have a great life and your turning is progressing wonderfully!
    A few hours south of Steve Schlumpf

Pat, congrats....is this why you were asking Andy about posting an interview last week? Good to know you better. I've said it before, but your websites are really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bower View Post
    Pat, congrats....is this why you were asking Andy about posting an interview last week? Good to know you better. I've said it before, but your websites are really good.
    Thanks Jeff. Really my question last week wasn't self serving (I did not know if mine was the next in line or not) but I was really enjoying the weekly interviews and hoped to see them continue. You know how these things go, sometimes momentum is everything!

Pat,

It sounds like you believe in my saying 'Woodturner's wives are the best people on earth!' You can borrow that line if you like.

Thanks for the intereveiw. The whole 'real shop' dream is something I am struggling with too. My lovely wife suggests I build an outbuilding for this purpose. My best buddy is my insurance man and he is encouraging it too, 'before I burn the house down'. I am happy with about a 1/4 of the garage. If I build the shop building property taxes will go up and that will be less money to spend on toys and tools. That's my first problem with the idea. Second is I'd have to take several weeks off from turning to build the new turning shop. Does that make sense to anybody else?

Frank
    'Sawdust is better than Prozac'

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Kobilsek View Post
    Pat,

It sounds like you believe in my saying 'Woodturner's wives are the best people on earth!' You can borrow that line if you like.

Thanks for the intereveiw. The whole 'real shop' dream is something I am struggling with too. My lovely wife suggests I build an outbuilding for this purpose. My best buddy is my insurance man and he is encouraging it too, 'before I burn the house down'. I am happy with about a 1/4 of the garage. If I build the shop building property taxes will go up and that will be less money to spend on toys and tools. That's my first problem with the idea. Second is I'd have to take several weeks off from turning to build the new turning shop. Does that make sense to anybody else?

Frank
    They are the best! As for the shop, I just want to make the garage nicer, not take the time & money to build a new building. I wouldn't mind if someone built me one but I'd rather upgrade the current structure and keep on turning!

GREAT interview PAt, thanks for sharing! Gotta love a wife that supports your addiction
    Officially Retired!!!!!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!

1,036 miles NW of Keith Burns

Great interview, Pat! And great to have a supportive wife, ain't it!