Thread: Design for Fishing Plug box

Design for Fishing Plug box

would like some design critiques of the two shelfs. Its for my Father-in-law for some antique fishing plugs he has.

All he told me was he needed 3 holes 3" tall by 2" wide the rest were 2" tall by 1" wide.

Picture on the left was keeping the cubby holes the same width which made for more rows and a taller shelf.

Second one is using the 2x1 holes to make fewer rows resulting in a shorter shelf.

The shelf no matter what will have a door on it, I am also trying to make the back with extra so I can carve a fish into it as you can see on the shelf on the left. It could be either at the top or bottom, not that he cares I am just trying to "fancy" it up a bit.

I am not to good at "designing" things yet so I thought I would get some opinions here. I was also considering making more cubby holes than he needs, either so he can get more later on (not sure he would though) or to put a few trinkets of other fishing items in to mix it up a bit.

Opinions please.
    lureshelf.gif

Picture below: only difference from above pic is the shelf locations of the larger cubby holes.
    lureshelf2.gif

Pic below: I added a top to it and moved the decorative header to the front, might look better in the back? Loose the top?
    lure3.gif
    top.gif

suggestions welcome. thanks
    Last edited by Aaron Beaver; 08-18-2007 at 4:12 PM.