Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PC Omnijig

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Funk View Post
    And the reason they became successful corporations vs garage labs was because some of those engineers were good at marketing and selling...
    What I was suggesting, and I think Cliff was reinforcing, is that marketing has to work WITH engineering, and not apart from it. You can't market what you can't produce.

I think it all boils down to who's making the final decision. I worked at a place where the upper management always gave preference to marketing. Manufacturing always seemed like an afterthought to these people. They got themselves in a mess when the product started to get many returns from unsatisfied customers.
    Gary K.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Townsend View Post
    What I was suggesting, and I think Cliff was reinforcing, is that marketing has to work WITH engineering, and not apart from it. You can't market what you can't produce.
    I'll agree with you there but I also agree with George Bernard Shaw's assertion that all progress depends on the unreasonable man. If engineers had their way they would never ship because there is always something that could be improved...

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Townsend View Post
    IMHO good management intergrates marketing, engineering, sales, planning, operations, and finance. The end product is a company that can execute. We've seen the over-hyped add campaign with the only visible end result being a new WEB site. They have been pitching new products for 18 months now, and still can't deliver them. It seems that management is not doing a good job at balancing the company.

Personally, I don't believe the QA thing. THe drill press and the dovetail jig are both vaporware, and both are delayed for the same reason. It doesn't make sense to me.The products are too different. I think that there is a much bigger issue. Something in management / operations.

I give up and ordered a Leigh Superjig. It should be here in about 3 weeks.
    Heck with PC/Delta. If they are that stupid I will spend my money elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Keedwell View Post
    Must be those "slow boats from China"

Gary K.
    Maybe they are having to strip the lead based paint off them.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Funk View Post
    I'll agree with you there but I also agree with George Bernard Shaw's assertion that all progress depends on the unreasonable man. If engineers had their way they would never ship because there is always something that could be improved...
    LOL, I have a sign on my office wall that reads;

"AT SOME POINT WE ARE GOING TO SHOOT THE ENGINEERS AND START PRODUCTION."

I work with a lot of engineers, some of them laugh at it and some don't...
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino