Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MM16 owners................

Look at the Grizzly G0636X as an alternative. Just as much power and resaw height. The switch works. The fence is far superior. The dust collection is far better. The table tilt adjustment system is far more robust. And the manual is infinitely better. I don't know if the frame is any more stiff than on the MM-16 but I do know that the G0636X can easily tension a 1" blade to 25K psi, and a lot more if desired. And it costs substantially less. I've had one for about 2-1/2 years and have run thousands of feet of wood through it. With a carbide blade on it it is scary fast. I smile every time I use it.

No matter what you buy the comment about needing good DC is no joke. You will need at least 800 real CFM to effectively remove all the sawdust these things throw when resawing something 12" thick. I had to completely reconfigure my 2 HP DC system in order to do it. Good luck.

John

Not think the grizzly model was out in 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    Look at the Grizzly G0636X as an alternative. Just as much power and resaw height. The switch works. The fence is far superior. The dust collection is far better. The table tilt adjustment system is far more robust. And the manual is infinitely better. I don't know if the frame is any more stiff than on the MM-16 but I do know that the G0636X can easily tension a 1" blade to 25K psi, and a lot more if desired. And it costs substantially less. I've had one for about 2-1/2 years and have run thousands of feet of wood through it. With a carbide blade on it it is scary fast. I smile every time I use it.

No matter what you buy the comment about needing good DC is no joke. You will need at least 800 real CFM to effectively remove all the sawdust these things throw when resawing something 12" thick. I had to completely reconfigure my 2 HP DC system in order to do it. Good luck.

John
    Pretty sure Ken already bought his saw, about 12 years ago John.

Ken's enjoying his MM-16!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Albrandt View Post
    Hi Dan,

I have an older MM 16 and have been considering the Laguna guides. Did you have to modify the lower guide bracket when you replaced your guides with the Laguna?

Thanks
    I know this thread is 12 years old, but to answer Jay's question, no modification is necessary for the Laguna ceramic guides.
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy View Post
    Pretty sure Ken already bought his saw, about 12 years ago John.
    Good grief; I need to read the dates. The G0636X is still an amazing value for anyone who's considering a saw in that size range.

Ken, I'm glad you are happy with your saw. As am I.

John