Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where have I been?

Where have I been?

It seems like forever since I've had the time to spend some quality time here. I have just been able to peek in once in a while and it looks like that may be the way of the world for me in the upcoming months. I started with a 5,000+ mile road trip where me and my wife did get to meet Tom Keen and his wife. They are such great folks and he loaded me up with wood, a great lunch time, tour of his property and shop and a lot of great fellowship. Tom, I have some stuff on the way to you very shortly. The trip took us through Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri Indiana, Illinois, Ohio Pennsylvania, New York, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Louisiana. After that I spent a week in New Orleans and another week in Chicago. I have had no time on Beauty since Dick Strauss came by. This is torture!!! After Dick left, he sent me a care package as well. Dick, Thanks. I'm just writing before I head off to Ohio once more, then on to Orlando and Chicago again and Lord knows where else. I did have one weekend where I cut and sealed blanks before they were ruined so here's a shot of them. Let's see there are three types of Oak, there is Sweet gum, Cherry, Osage Orange, Box Elder, Mesquite, Bradford Pear, and Pecan. Just wanted to say Hi! to everyone I miss so much.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Success is the sum of Failure and Learning

Thanks for checking in Chris! I had been wondering what you had been up to as last I heard you had beauty all set up - figured for sure I would be seeing a new turning from you every couple of days!

Looks like you have been putting on the miles! At least you don't have any snow to drive through... yet!

You have some really good looking wood stored up. Can't wait to see what you turn out of it! Have fun and be safe!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schlumpf View Post
    Thanks for checking in Chris! I had been wondering what you had been up to as last I heard you had beauty all set up - figured for sure I would be seeing a new turning from you every couple of days!

Looks like you have been putting on the miles! At least you don't have any snow to drive through... yet!

You have some really good looking wood stored up. Can't wait to see what you turn out of it! Have fun and be safe!
    Thanks Steve, me too!!

Chris I think that wood will probably go bad before you get to it. So you had better head it my way.

Wondered what happened to you. I too have been on the road and headed out again this next week but only for 2 days. Have a safe one.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Glad to see you posting again Chris! You better go give that American Beauty some attention! Nice haul.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I have a solution Chris. I was at an RV show recently and they have RV's with a garage in the back. Greatest thing ever I think. I think they are for putting motorcycles in but you could make a shop in there. Strap beauty to the wall, tie everything down and cut a trail. Whatcha' think?

Great to see ya posting again... I was wondering a couple days ago where you had got to! Hopefully things will settle down soon for you and you'll be able to get back to turning!
    Isaiah 55:6-7

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Stewart View Post
    I have a solution Chris. I was at an RV show recently and they have RV's with a garage in the back. Greatest thing ever I think. I think they are for putting motorcycles in but you could make a shop in there. Strap beauty to the wall, tie everything down and cut a trail. Whatcha' think?
    I'm game Rich, but I need an airplane most of the time. Mabye a C-130.

Chris,

Those pieces of wood on your floor look like a tripping hazzard . Bring them along when you come back to OH and I will store them for you.

Tom C.

Christopher! All that traveling and you can't come see your New Mexico neighbors??? You've been gone so long that it will take you three weeks to catch up on all the doin's around here. We missed you!!

Nancy (125 days)
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

I'm thinking that you've laid in some mighty fine inventory to feed the Beauty!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Um, what exactly do you do, Chris?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Stewart View Post
    Um, what exactly do you do, Chris?
    I am in charge of Sales Development for North America in our company. We're in the Funeral and Cemetery Services industry.

We have funeral homes here in Mid-Michigan. You are more than welcome to hang out here if you come this way.
    A few hours south of Steve Schlumpf

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Jordan View Post
    We have funeral homes here in Mid-Michigan. You are more than welcome to hang out here if you come this way.
    Same here in Albuquerque/Rio Rancho. So, Chris, when do you arrive?

Nancy (125 days)
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php