Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Fund Drive

2008 Fund Drive

When does this start?.....I made my contribution last year a few weeks early and it got credited to the previous year. Rather than doing it about the same time, I would rather get into the proper cycle.

Typically toward the end of the calendar year, Mike. There doesn't really need to be a "proper cycle" for donations to any cause, charitable or otherwise...outside of not missing the end of the year for things that are charitable, that is...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks for the prompt reply. My point is I would rather not walk around with the wrong label. I do support monetarily and would like to continue to do so. I also don't want to stand out as someone who ignores the date.

Promoting the open exchange of knowledge in my hobby is important to me. I would like to see this and all of the sites that promote WW continue.

Thanks again.

There is no "wrong label"...and while financial contributions are appreciated and help keep things running physically, your contributions of questions, answers and information are the true value of the community.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks Jim.

Mike,

IIRC, both of us paid for 2 folks with our contributions.
    Gary
    Bluegrass - Finger Pickin Good!

As God blesses me, so will I continue to share. If someone here is in need, let it be known so that others may lift them up as a contibuting member of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dauphinee View Post
    As God blesses me, so will I continue to share. If someone here is in need, let it be known so that others may lift them up as a contibuting member of this forum.
    That's why I gave for 2....
    Gary

I have in the past given enough for multiple peoples contributions. Does that however assign contributer to another?

One way that I have found to share with the Creek is to sometimes offer small item's from my shop which I can't use to somebody willing to contribute shipping costs to Sawmill Creek I then pay shipping from my pocket but the Creek partakes and another contributer is born.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

Mike,

Thanks for kicking off the 2008 SMC fund raising drive. You're better than Jerry Lewis!

I mailed my contribution to you yesterday.

When can I expect to receive my car window sticker and have the 2008 Contributor under my name?

The official fund drive runs from November 1st to November 30th this year. You can expect we will be ringing bells on every street corner during the entire month of November in an effort to entice as many of our Members as we can to donate towards next years expenses.

If we receive enough donations this November to pay the programing costs we would like to add a custom Shop Tours module to The Creek. A Shop Tours module will double our bandwidth requirements so there will be additional annual expenses to be paid. A public discussion will be open to all Members when we get closer to our annual fund drive to ascertain how much support a Shop Tours area would receive.

Our new server is solid and is handling the daily load without a problem, it should last two more years so we shouldn't have any hardware expenses this year.

Those who want the 2008 Contributor title please wait until November 1st to donate.

Donations made now will be credited toward the 2007 year. We don't need any donations right now, we are in good shape for the shape we're in

Last edited by Keith Outten; 09-09-2007 at 6:21 PM.

financial contributions?

I am pretty new to the world of woodworking and have just started looking over this site and so far I enjoy it quite a bit. I have only owned a computer for two months and have no idea what kind of work is involved in putting together a web site. This may seem like a poor question but I don't really know how else to word it. How much is the averge donation? I really have no concept of what is needed but would like to help out. Also, how do I send it and am I correct in thinking the proper time would be in November of 07 to be used for next year.

Keith B,

The suggested donation is six dollars per year. There is a donate button on the blue menu bar that has information about making a donation. We will make some noise in November reminding everyone to help us keep The Creek online, you should donate then.

Thanks

Sounds very reasonable to me.

You definitely get your $6 worth here.
    Gary