Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Work Bench Tool Cabinet

Work Bench Tool Cabinet

Finished it!!

last nite I put the final coat of BLO on the tool cabinet I've been doing for the last 3 weekends, so here's some pic's.

I edged the plywood carcass with some walnut scrapes from another project, really like the contrast with the baltic burch. The handles I got from the local Habitat for Humanity store for .50 each, so the total spent on this project comes to just under $90.00.

The finish is BLO and I will give it several coats of paste wax in a few days and ever so often from now on.

I have included one picture that shows what a jewel this cabinet is in my otherwise more than disorganized and messy shop

The titles of the Pics are self explanatory I hope

Thanks for looking

Ace
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Nice! It came out great Ace. Thanks for the final pictures.
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

Ace,

Nice job!!! I realy like it but I am concerned that there are not quite enough drawers.

t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thumbs up

Ace
    That looks really GREAT!
    And even better, now that we see it installed under the workbench.
    Daniel
    "Howdy" from Southwestern PA

Ace,

That is one nice lathe stand you have there!
    Michael Mastin
    McKinney Hardwood Lumber
    Exotic and figured woods

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis

Thumbs up

Nice Job Ace,

The finish really pushes it over the top.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Nice Drawers Ace

So---are they full yet? Or will you have to purchase more goodies to fill them? Steve

Really nice job, Ace!! I like it!
    Martin, Granbury, TX
    Student of the Shaker style

Ah, that looks great, Ace! And I see you remembered to leave some room to be able to clean away the stuff that falls through the dog holes, too. (DAMHIKT!!)

Ya know, I may have to do something like this for my bench, too. You can never have enough storage and what I got now is way substandard to your beautiful cabinet. Thanks for sharing it.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Man- that turned out great Ace!

I like it a lot - might need to rethink the shop cabinet I have in progress a little bit.

I like the looks of the walnut & baltic birch too.

Questions!
    Did you just use hardwood runners for the drawers
    &
    Did you put any type of drawer stop in place - if so any chance to get a detail pic of that?
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

Lookin' good, Ace! Definitely like the contrasting Walnut. Really sets it off beatifully. So, are you tired of making box joints yet?
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Thumbs up

Ace,

Looks good my friend. I just put some drawers under my bench, but they don't look near as purty as yours.

Bob

Great job Ace! How will you remember what is in each drawer? If I had that many I would need clear fronts on them. Or maybe index cards? I could spend hours looking for what is suppose to be in drawer number 3.

David

Quote Originally Posted by David Rose
    I could spend hours looking for what is suppose to be in drawer number 3.
    Got THAT right, David! I've been thinking about attaching tiny transmitters to each of my tools, with their own individual bar codes. Then, scan that into the shop PC for entry in a database. The database is then linked to a GP map of the shop. That way, anytime I can't find a tool quickly, I go to the computer, pick the item I need and a little red dot flashes on the screen with a map of the shop on it! That or just do like I do now: Spend hours looking for said tool!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Let's see John. New notebook computer... does that need to be state of the art? Then tiny transmitters, a few dozen. Then the receiver. If this is not terribly expensive I believe I could pay it back on pencils and tape measures alone in about 6 months. Let me know when you get the bugs out will ya?

Actually, I bought 2 dozen pencils from Lee Valley a few months ago. I sharpened every one and scattered them around the room along with some others already there. Last week I gathered them all up to resharpen. All 13 of them! Either Lee Valley can't count or do mice eat pencils?

David

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Got THAT right, David! I've been thinking about attaching tiny transmitters to each of my tools, with their own individual bar codes. Then, scan that into the shop PC for entry in a database. The database is then linked to a GP map of the shop. That way, anytime I can't find a tool quickly, I go to the computer, pick the item I need and a little red dot flashes on the screen with a map of the shop on it! That or just do like I do now: Spend hours looking for said tool!