Thread: Phoenix Area Router Repair

Phoenix Area Router Repair

All,

One of the tools my father left me when he died was an old craftsman router. I have used it once or twice but the whining sound I am hear while it's running leads me to believe there is something wrong with the bearings. This thing is something like 35 years old, but I would love to use for smaller tasks. I took the thing in to a Sears center, and they told me it would be at least $65.00 before they could tell me what was wrong with it, and if it could be repaired. That included shipping it out to who knows where. I guess I am not sure how much I should invest in an emotional attachment. I know there are some creekers out there in the Phoenix area. Do any of you have a reference to someone that may make the repair? I am willing to drop $50 or $100 dollars in it if I knew it was going to get back to good working condition. If not, I guess I can put it on a shelf and look at it occasionally. I am not really mechanically inclined, so I am hoping someone can lead me in the right direction.

Your help is really appreciated.

Dwain

There is a motor rebuilding place in my complex. I am in Glendale. Give me a call during the week at 623-931-0633 and I can give you some more info.

Scott
    Scott
    Scott's Sharpening Service
    Glendale, AZ

I've used AZ Armature. Their primary business is repairing handheld electric tools. They are by the airport, near 36th street south of Broadway. I think their minimum is a lower, but replacing bearings would cost around the $60 I think...joe