Thread: Large Banner Price

Large Banner Price

I have done several of these banners for groups that get permits from the city to hang them over the main street across town. As the City has changed their requirements the price has gone up and at this point I thought I'd check and see what others that do vinyl banners would charge.

The banner would be 5'H x 25'W, 14 oz vinyl, reinforced corners, windslits, and pockets sewn in top and bottom (double-stitched) with 1/4" airline cable inserted, loops on each end of the cables for mounting. Lettering is 1 line of 30" vinyl lettering, one line of 6" lettering in another color, one line of 12" lettering in a 3rd color, on both sides.

Here is a mockup of the latest one I just quoted (edit - for some reason it scrunched up when I uploaded,it's really 5 times as wide as high.)

Update: I quoted $2,280, that's materials, labor, overhead and 50% profit, the least I would do it for considering the PIA factor.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif 1.gif (23.0 KB, 66 views)
    Last edited by Joe Pelonio; 08-08-2007 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Update

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

I priced a 6' x 75' banner from a local place not too long ago. Had 4' letters, one line, about 15 letters total.

The quote I got back was $2,800 without installation, if that means anything to you.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    I priced a 6' x 75' banner from a local place not too long ago. Had 4' letters, one line, about 15 letters total.

The quote I got back was $2,800 without installation, if that means anything to you.
    I dare say I would have charged about $2,700 for that one, so it sounds like
    my pricing is probably pretty close to your vendor.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green