Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home Depot Rant

Home Depot Rant

Last week I was scheduled to attend a Home Clinic, I drove the 20+ miles to my local HD only to find that the guy scheduled to teach the clinic blew off the class at the last minute.
    The manager was too busy to talk to me, I finally recieved an e-mail response back from them; they informed me that they try and hire qualifed people; and they take these types of complaints seriously. They offered a $10 gift card as a gesture of maintaining my business and would hope that I would reschedule this week.
    Last edited by Bob Moyer; 07-25-2007 at 8:01 AM. Reason: error

Take the $10.00 and don't get your lessons from a BORG.
    I mean man, it's just a store.

Thumbs down 20+ miles is LOCAL??

$10 bucks wouldn't cover the gas in my ole gas hog truck!..........
    Women are like phones. They love to be held and talked to, but if you press the wrong buttons you'll get disconnected!

Life is one fool thing after another whereas love is two fool things after each other

In Mid Michigan 30+ miles are local. In Upper Michigan 100+ may be local.
    David B

They offer free clinics...you got what you paid for

Kind of like going to Mcdonalds for cooking lessons -

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Oswin View Post
    Kind of like going to Mcdonalds for cooking lessons
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19918347/
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

3-4 years ago went to HD with my Brother-in-law for a deck building seminar. No one in the store new a thing about it. It was on a sign at the front on their store. Last excursion to Home Depot for me...ever.

O.K. Jim but what about my lessons?

But wait, I have already learned my lesson at HD!

Fool me once. -

Bob
    Last edited by Bob Oswin; 07-25-2007 at 11:58 PM. Reason: the usual...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Moyer View Post
    Last week I was scheduled to attend a Home Clinic, I drove the 20+ miles to my local HD only to find that the guy scheduled to teach the clinic blew off the class at the last minute.
    The manager was too busy to talk to me, I finally recieved an e-mail response back from them; they informed me that they try and hire qualifed people; and they take these types of complaints seriously. They offered a $10 gift card as a gesture of maintaining my business and would hope that I would reschedule this week.
    So - let me get this straight.

HD hired someone to do a class that you signed up for. The class is FREE to you. The instructor cancelled "at the last minute". Rather than run a class with someone who is unqualified to teach a class, HD cancels the class and offers folks a $10 gift card as a way of saying they're sorry for the inconvenience. OK - the store manager was really busy and you couldn't complain directly to him that day. Other than "I'm sorry", what would you expect him to do beyond what they did? I understand the followup email was a bit slow in coming and that's certainly something that could have been better.

I guess I don't understand why this is anything to "rant" about. In general, what's the difference between this and showing up at your doctor's office to discover that the doctor's out sick and the receptionist missed your name on the "call them so they don't come" list? The doctor's office certainly wouldn't give you a $10 gift card as a way of saying they appreciate your business and hope you come back.

Missing Something

I guess I am missing something by the tone of the replys; a company offers a free clinic; the free clinic is offered with the hope that the individual will then purchase the items from the store.

The individual hired does not show; I may have been the only one signed up for this class.

My point is there was a time in this country where, committments/appointments were met, if they could not individuals were informed and it was rescheduled.

In this age of cellphones, e-mail, answering machines, etc.; there is no reason for this lack of responsibility.

Our tolerance of this type of service is why this is the norm vs. what should be stardard business procedures.

The next time you miss a credit card payment or you forget to show up let me know what happens.

What happens if you miss an appointment?

[/quote]I guess I don't understand why this is anything to "rant" about. In general, what's the difference between this and showing up at your doctor's office to discover that the doctor's out sick and the receptionist missed your name on the "call them so they don't come" list? The doctor's office certainly wouldn't give you a $10 gift card as a way of saying they appreciate your business and hope you come back.[/quote]

Not sure about your doctor or dentist; but if I miss an appointment I am charged a $25.00 fee.

Home Depot

You guys need to live in South America a few months. You would never complain about anything again. I would love to have the worst HD or what ever other horrible big box here. You are spoiled up there.

I once had a doctors appointment & was there on time & checked in with the front desk person & waited & waited & waited & checked at the front desk when I finally had my appointment & went to pay I asked what would happen if I didn't show or was late for my appointment I was told being late was considered a not show & a not show was charged $25. So I deducted $25 from my check for having to wait 45 minutes past my time for my appointment. They said you can't do that. I said I just did & my time is just as valuable to me as your time is to you when I am given a appointed time to be here & am here at that time I expect to be seen at that time not when you get around to it, otherwise let me know in advance & reschedule my appointment. Every time you just leave me setting in the waiting room more than 15 minutes past my appointment time I'll deduct $25. It never happened again I was always seen at my appointed time.

Remember you time is just as valuable as theirs
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim King View Post
    You guys need to live in South America a few months. You would never complain about anything again. I would love to have the worst HD or what ever other horrible big box here. You are spoiled up there.
    Ah yes, spoiled we are; but we pay dearly for it. Real estate is outrageous, groceries are high, folks pay up to $100 a month to watch TV but, its 4 miles to work, 5 minutes to three different BORGs, 2 malls, 6 grocery stores, 10 minutes to a real lumber yard, 20 minutes to Rockler, 45 minutes to Woodcraft. You just have to be willing to spend a half million dollars on a three bedroom bungalow and all this could be yours .
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler