Thread: Spanish Signs, another market?

Spanish Signs, another market?

I had a call a couple of days ago to do a couple simple signs for a hotel. Nothing earth shattering, but they were the Spanish equivilant of "Employees Must Wash Hands" to go in their restrooms. I hadn't thought about it before, but I assume there are a lot of people working in kitchens, etc. that cannot speak or read English these days. I wondered if the local code was moving towards having it in both languages. I'm sure in some parts of the country, it's already required, but not here.

It really made me think about a huge market out there for retrofitting Kitchens, bathrooms, etc. to include both languages. It's got my wheels turning a little on how to take advantage of this.

Maybe it'll be something someone on here is interested in following up on. Just thinking out loud.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Hmmm, why just Spanish? I think we should include every language there is. And charge by the letter of course.
    Brian Robison
    MetalMarkers
    Epilog Mini
    Rabbit 1290

You may find some places that don't have that yet, but most will because of the health inspectors. If they see that there are non-english speaking employees they will require the signs in other languages. I found out from one restaurant customers that they buy such signs in English plus any other language needed for $4 each, from a restaurant owner's association.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Spanish signs

I do some operator control panels for a die cutting equipment distributor. They have the original panel layouts in Autocad which I use to lay out the new panel. Vector out the openings for the buttons and switches and add the sub-titles. I use LaserMax brushed aluminum and charge a premium price that is way less than a new stainless plate with screen printing. I'll post pics of the next job I do for them.
    Jim
    Growing older is mandatory.
    Growing up is entirely optional.

Remember; it's never too late to have a happy childhood.