Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fairies on Canvas

Fairies on Canvas

Took another break from cutting acrylic to make a tote bag for a friend. Nothing fancy like you guys have been posting lately with the great wow factor.

Did this one the other day. I just thought the tile was interesting.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Nice work. What kind of power/speed did you use for the canvas?
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

The Wow Factor

Belinda,

These do have the Wow factor!! They are beautiful! Great job!

Phyllis

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Nice work. What kind of power/speed did you use for the canvas?
    According to my Job Report, which I am really struggling to remember to do on every job, the speed was 100, power 35, PPI 400 with LaserPro 60w. I also made a note that I need to run a test with an increase in power to 40 in hopes of a little darker burn.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    Bella Terra

The tote bag is bloody amazing! What do you mean no wow factor? Great job. Please don't be offended by what I say next, it is intended as a constructive critism which I believe we all want. The granite is nice but your Conche shell I suspect has been engraved with a positive/negative issue. See this copy of your image in negative and you will see what I mean.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

They are very nice, and I'm glad to see I'm not the only fan of lasering textiles. I love the effect on jeans. None of the jeans in my house have been safe from expirimentation.
    Dan Starr
    Sm.Art Imaging TM
    Vytek L-star 4896 65w, Illustrator & Photoshop CS3, PhotoGrav

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Corker View Post
    The tote bag is bloody amazing! What do you mean no wow factor? Great job. Please don't be offended by what I say next, it is intended as a constructive critism which I believe we all want. The granite is nice but your Conche shell I suspect has been engraved with a positive/negative issue. See this copy of your image in negative and you will see what I mean.
    Not offended at all, criticism welcome! You are correct. For some strange reason I couldn't get the clip art file to go negative. I just did the piece actually to see what effect I could achieve with the green marble. It had been sitting around the showroom for about five years. You know I always appreciate your input!

Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Starr View Post
    They are very nice, and I'm glad to see I'm not the only fan of lasering textiles. I love the effect on jeans. None of the jeans in my house have been safe from expirimentation.
    Dan,

This is my first attempt on denim. Thoughts/suggestions/criticisms welcome from any and all. Thanks!

Last edited by Belinda Barfield; 07-12-2007 at 3:38 PM. Reason: Forgot the photo - duh!!

Bella Terra

Frank,

So, how was the trip? I don't recall seeing a thread detailing all of your adventures. Did I miss it somehow?

Bella Terra

Hi Belinda,

As another women on these predominantly male boards, I would like to say: WOW

Nice work.

I've been experimenting as well. Having lots of success on wood.

Many thanks,

Judy
    Judy Halliday

"If u ain't lurning, u ain't livin" -Einstein

Thanks Judith. I don't do a lot of wood currently, but need to practice some. I may be calling on you for advice.

Bella Terra

Personally I think the work is all amazing !

Garry
    Garry McKinney
    A new day is a new chance.

Thanks Garry! I think the canvas bag is good work, but it is nice to hear it from others.

Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    Thanks Judith. I don't do a lot of wood currently, but need to practice some. I may be calling on you for advice.

Stop by and see me. I have a shop on River street across from Spankies. 10 to 8 everyday. This Monday I need to take my baby to the vet.

Judy

912-484-0868

Savannah area code.
    Judy Halliday

"If u ain't lurning, u ain't livin" -Einstein

I know exactly where you are, and have visited your booth before. Small world!

Bella Terra