It is important to get the word out about the Freedom Pens program. If you can contact your local news outlets, TV Stations, etc we can generate lots of interest, support and volunteers.

Here is an e-mail I sent to the News Director of the 3 local TV Stations in Huntsville as an example:

Erin,

I wanted to give you a heads up on a new "grass roots" program being started that you may be of interested to you.
The Freedom Pen program is an all volunteer effort spearheaded by the members of SawMill Creek Woodworkers Forums to provide custom hand crafted pens to American servicemen and women overseas.

Freedom Pens are being made by individual woodworkers everywhere, from small towns to our largest cities, amateur woodworkers are donating their time, talent and personal funds to create custom handcrafted pens as a symbol of their support for our military men and women.

We believe we can ship over 20,000 pens this year alone.

You can get more details by going to this URL: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?threadid=6137

I believe this program will take off like wild fire since Saw Mill Creek has close to 2000 members all dedicated to make this a reality.

I would like to discuss this with you in more detail.

Regards

Ken Salisbury
xxx-xxxx (home)
xxx-xxxx (cell)