Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freedom Pens - General Information

Freedom Pens

Thanks to everyone for their efforts trying to get the word out about our Freedon Pen program.

Kenn,

You are welcome to use the text concerning the Freedom Pen program and we certainly appreciate you promoting the program on your web site.
    By the way I ordered one of the Liberty Pens yesterday, can't wait to receive it so I can build a display case and engrave a plaque for my little piece of Americana. I will post a picture when it's comlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sweeney
    or anybody else with their own web site. I made a banner link to put on my (non woodworking) web site. Feel free to use it if you want to.

BTW Kenn, I want to thank you for securing the last liberty tree wood for the program - I really think that is awsome.
    Tom,
    I snitched your banner. Resized it, and put a bevel and a little inner shadow on it. Hope you don't mind. It fits a little better with the background on my site. The color is perrrrrfect.

Here's what I did to it.
    Kenn
    "When you come to the fork in the road, TAKE IT" - Yogi Berra

Thumbs up

Would a tool pen be ok? Just asking because of the razor blade included with it! Will be sending you a few pens, not sure how many but I should be able to turn a few soon! As soon as it gets warm and I can wire the new inverter in the semi, will try to get you a small batch.

Quote Originally Posted by greg patarini
    Would a tool pen be ok? Just asking because of the razor blade included with it! Will be sending you a few pens, not sure how many but I should be able to turn a few soon! As soon as it gets warm and I can wire the new inverter in the semi, will try to get you a small batch.

Greg,

The military would probably prefer that we didn't send anything that included a knife or razor. Given the atmosphere these days concerning terrorism it might be a problem for some people.

Thanks to Kenn Hill from Kenn's Penns and Alice Call from Alice's Turn for their kind donation of Freedom Pens. They were received in our office this morning.

I also received a call this morning from the Lafayette Indiana Journal and Courier and they are going to do an article on Freedom Pens thanks to one of our members. It should be online either tomorrow or Wednesday at www.jconline.com. Be sure to check it out.

Thanks again to all for your generous contributions.

Jackie Outten

Liberty Tree Freedom Pens

Keith,
    I think you said your were going to get the Liberty Tree Freedom pens to someone for special distribution. Jackie has received them now if you want to do anything with them.
    Kenn

7. Question

How can I get my hands on some pens to send to my husband's unit? They just left for a 6 month deployment to Iraq. I think receiving the pens would boost their morale.

Thank you

Veronica Helt

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Helt
    How can I get my hands on some pens to send to my husband's unit? They just left for a 6 month deployment to Iraq. I think receiving the pens would boost their morale.

Thank you

Veronica Helt
    Veronica,

I could be totally incorrect, but I don't think the Freedom pen project would send individuals pens to be sent to the troops. The person to contact would be Keith Outten. See one of his posts and ask him this question. There has got to be a good answer to get your husband's unit some pens.

Kenn

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Helt

Thank you

Veronica Helt
    Veronica

If the commander of your husband's unit contacts us by e-mail and requests pens for the unit we will be glad to send them. We do not send pens to individuals to be forwarded to the troops. We will however send them directly to a unit upon a request from a specific unit (no matter how small or how large). Actually we prefer to do it that way since we are then assured they get to the "troops on the ground". Please e-mail me if you have any questions.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

ken,I tkink that the freedom pen thing might go great here on greely could you e mail me some info to submit to the MWR director robert.kline4@greely.army.mil