Thread: Some of my products

Some of my products

Hi all,

No ranting about Epilog in this messsage. I don't have a webste, am saving up to get one, next on the shopping list, but here is a link to some things I sell online, would take me too long to upload all images.

Link Removed by Admin for TOS violation/kwo

Cheers

Nigel
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 06-30-2007 at 8:47 AM.
    Nigel Morgan, Epilog Helix 45W, Techno Isel 3024, Corel 12, ArtCam

No more ranting please.

Nice work. Just wondering if you've had success getting these items into some touristy shops and what discount you offer. Seems to be the kind of thing people can scoop up and carry home.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

My products are all across the country in the shops, many other different types, the chap who wholesales my products puts a 20%-30% mark up on them, then the shops double that price, so, when I make something I try and work backwards from how much I think it would retail for, I sell some items myself online and at the local markets just to generate some extra income.

May I ask how you did the 3D of New Zealand?

Why was the link removed? I would have liked to see the site.

"Link Removed by Admin for TOS violation/kwo"

Mark
    ULS X-2 660, Corel X3, Haas VF4, Graphtec vinyl cutter, Xenetech rotaries (3), Dahlgren Tables, Gorton P2-3, New Hermes pantographs (2), and recently, 24" x 36" chinese router. Also do sublimation, sand blasting, & metal photo. Engraver since 1975.

Hi,

I don't know why the link has been removed, I have no message from SMC, the 3D NZ model is done on my CNC Router, info from a "Digital Elevation Model"

Cheers

Nigel

Nigel,

You cannot advertise your products here at SMC. Our TOS is specific on this matter, especially links to web pages that contain products that you would benefit financially from such a promotion.

Sorry but this policy is made for everyone's benefit here at SMC.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/terms.php

Hi Keith,

Someone did tell me that was the reason why, my apologies, I was'nt trying for some sales.

Cheers

Nigel

Nigel; Can you PM the link to me... I'd be interested in seeing what you. Don't worry as I'm a cheap @#%&*# and promise not to buy anything
    Last edited by Mike Null; 07-01-2007 at 7:19 AM. Reason: language

Pinnacle ZX Explorer II
    40W, X3
    Vinyl Express Lynx 24"
    Epson 4800 Dye Sub Hybrid

Products produced have been shown here for general comments, tips for speed and producttion techniques, improvements, materials, etc. I would feel that should be encouraged. Links to a specific 'sales sites' are in violation.

Attaching pics is easy, but there is a file size limit.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

I dunno. He's in New Zealand. I enjoyed seeing what he's selling and how they're priced. I wouldn't think many people would come here looking to buy things anyhow.

Actually... he'd be at the risk of people copying his ideas I think more than anything else.

Nice items Nigel. I particularily liked the old map engraving. I live on Puget Sound in Washington State, and I we're tied to the nautical aspect of things pretty heavily here. I suspect something like that will be in my product line soon. Here's something I picked up here on the creek that I hadn't thought to do before either.

Wooden medallions for custom woodworkers to sign their work. Not much money in them, but easy to produce and would be a nice touch for a artisan woodworker.

Pinnacle ZX Explorer II
    40W, X3
    Vinyl Express Lynx 24"
    Epson 4800 Dye Sub Hybrid

Wooden Nickels

Mike,

I too sell them rascals - the first 100 was purchased to play with them. Being around a military base, I've sold near 7500 of them. Some as plain old 'round tuit' type nickels and dollars all the way up to baptism announcements with the infant's picture on there.

My question for you to check my math - what do you sell them for? I sell them in ones and twos at $1 each to cover setup costs. When I'm doing them in lots of a 100 or more I drop the price to ~$.35 each. I was given a marketing tip that customers purchase in dollars not cents so the sale would better be represented as 3 for a $1 or 100 for $30.

My issue is that with the Mini 24 and a template cut from scrap matboard (cheap throw away templates by the way) I can do one side of 100 in less than 30 minutes and the other side about the same. So 60 laser minutes for 100 coins, your right - not much of a money maker. So here's my tip for you if you like the nickels and want a return on the sale - put your website on the edge of the nickels. Everytime a 100 is given out as your customer's advertisement, you'll also benefit the giftee going to your website to see what else you can offer.
    Steve Beckham

Epilog Mini 24 with 45 Watt, Ricoh GX 7000 Sublimation, Corel X3, Corel X4 and PhotoGrav, Recently replaced the two 'used' SWF machines with brand new Barudans.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Morgan View Post
    Hi Keith,

Someone did tell me that was the reason why, my apologies, I was'nt trying for some sales.

Cheers

Nigel
    Nigel,

Go to your User CP and add the link to your web site. Then anyone who wants to visit you site can select the link by clicking on your name. We haven't prevented anyone from communicating with our Members here we just prefer to keep things neat and tidy...people don't want to see ad links in every post.

Enjoy

BTW...the link in my signature is a bit loud for a reason. I hope to get you guys to support The Creek with an annual donation....only if you lile the place you understand.

Last edited by Keith Outten; 07-01-2007 at 1:22 PM.

Steve and Mike,

We make these too, only ours are of self-stick veneer. We raster and vector them from pre-finished self-stick birch veneer for three different furniture manufacturers here in our area and a customer in Virginia. We sell these for $.59 to $.75 each! We are also making them from 1/8" birch ply for a couple of other customers with tiny screw holes vectored so they can be attached with tiny brass screws. Those go for $1.00 each.

Nancy
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php