Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Weekend Doin's" Fathers Day Edition

Smile "Weekend Doin's" Fathers Day Edition

Friday June 15th, 2007

Well, another week has flown by. It's been hot and dry in these parts. While not official temps, I've recorded 90+ degrees for the last three days and there doesn't look to be any change until Monday. Last rain was only about 1/2 inch on the 4th. I am spending my days trying to keep the lawn from burning up.

Not a whole lot on my agenda except to stay cool and keep watering the grass. Oh yeah, have to watch the Michigan race and also the U.S. Open. The Open is promising to be an extremely tough test of who has the best survival instincts.

So what's on the platter for you this weekend? For all you Dad's I hope you can enjoy whatever you want for the day.

Whatever it may be, make it fun and above all SAFE.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

The Open will be on in the house all weekend... A little yardwork... Bathroom trim work... Put the new grill together and cook me a huge porterhouse...church...brunch...CVS Classic on Monday. Hopefully spend some time with the son on the webcam.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Our Prius got rear-ended this week and is in the shop. The rental company ran out of cars... so they gave us a big-honkin' 4x4 crew-cab pickup truck! So I'm thinking about a trip to Hollister's Sawmill in PA for some wood Saturday morning.

$56 to fill the truck. Ouch.

I ordered a PC 4212 dovetail jig that should arrive today, so hope to spend a little time over the weekend playing with that.

#2 son, home from the U of New Orleans for the summer, says he's going to the beach so we may have a little time to ourselves.

Jack

Tomorrow is SWMBO's family reunion--at our house, my brother is coming into town so it is going to be a busy weekend. I do plan to order all the hardware for my master bath cabinetry today.

Work at the pill mill Sat. and Sun. with a get-together with my side of the family Sun afternoon. Burgers & tube steaks on the grill, assorted picnic style goodies. I'll be thinking of some eloquent text to write on SMC Tuesday with some attempts at posting pics. Upcoming gloat?
    Kyle in K'zoo
    Screws are kinda like knots, if you can't use the right one, use lots of 'em.
    The greatest tragedy in life is the gruesome murder of a beautiful theory by a brutal gang of facts.

I'm on call this week. Granddaughter getting married in Vancouver Saturday. SWMBO is going to the wedding. I can't go as I'm on call. Me, the house, the shop, 11 couch legs left to turn, the honey-do list......
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I want to finish the sprinkler pump stand. I've worked for an hour or so each evening this week, and have the inlet pipe from the creek to finish up the pump part. cut 3 pieces of pipe to length (less than 10' total) and cement 6 joints. Then I can screen the cover, and shingle the roof and I'll be done. But it's trying to rain, possibly all weekend, so we'll see if I can get this done or if I'll be rained out. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

I am taking my new Jet JJ6CSX jointer home this afternoon. My mom, my sister and my daughters all pitched in and got it for me for Father's Day. Other than that, just spending it with my kids and maybe getting a little shop time.
    Grant
    GO Buckeyes!

Like Karl, temps here are in the 90's and expected to stay that way for a bit, so Sat is off to look for brick molding for the window I finally got installed last weekend, and maybe a nice lunch somewhere...that has A/C..
    Sat afternoon is shop time but with the heat I'll probably not get much done on the storage cabinet, but I'll give it a shot.

Sunday I volunteered to work, hard to pass up double time when a drum sander and boat is on the wish list, and after work probably just do a bit of grilling and relaxing.

Stay safe and well.

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

I will be finishing up the last of the top coat of my latest project AND I will get my new Wixey angle gage.

Note: to Jim Becker - That's why there were no pictures, SWMBO wouldn't let me have it until this weekend.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

Current project has 14 drawers and I did the first two last night and hope to finish up the rest of them this weekend. Other than that, some yard work and time with my kids and my dad for father's day.

Busy weekend...the last YMCA duty of the season for swimming and karate on Saturday afternoon, dinner with a couple 'Creekers and spouses Saturday night, and probably a run to Tabby's Place so the girls can visit with the kitty they are sponsoring on Sunday. Maybe a few minutes in the shop...I don't know.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Meeting Steve and Russ in Indiana . . .

Going to get me some cherry wood ! The 'lumber run to Chicago' pickup is tomorrow morning-- wooo hooo ( I think that is my first gloat here) . After that figuring out how to store it in the garage, I'll be applying final touches to a rough cedar project (painting the trim on house), put the seats back in the SWMBO's '72 Mustang so we can drive to a car show Sunday.

Happy Father's Day to all.

I will NOT be moving sand nor brick for the first time in 3 weekends!!! The patio is done... so will be spending the weekend staining the railings and privacy screen panels on the new deck.
    Hopefully I can get 2 coats on over Sat & Sunday.. supposed to be in the 90's so it'll be a good warm weekend for being outside.
    Not alot for Fathers Day on the agenda since we live about 1500 miles from our respective families.....

Cheers.

Greg

I have the honor of moving my parents back to our town this weekend. I am excited to have them close after 20 years of them moving around the states. They are in their eighties and have decided it is time to settle down. I hope also to get some time on Sunday to sand some more on a tool chest I am working on and having some alone time with my wife.