Thread: Print Merge

Print Merge

I need help please! I have an order for 50 equipment tags. I managed to get the print merge to work fine but how do I go about sending to laser. It is 5 pages long. I get a print file error and only the first page is shown.
    Can I print this merge page by page?
    Or can I save it and then send it page by page. Everything that I try sends the whole file over but only page 1 shows in the lcd screen when i view file to be run.
    Jeff
    Laser's Edge Engraving

Epilog 24TT 45watt
    Corel 12, X3, X5

Jeff, best place I found it decribed was on Roy Brewers tutorial here :

http://www.engravingconcepts.com/flash_coreldraw.htm

It has several, watch them and see if that solves your problem.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I bought the Roy Brewer cd's from ARA a while back and have watched all 3 lessons on print merge but i dont see how to do the number of pages. Its might be somewhere else on them but dont have time now to review all the lessons,.

Thanks anyway
    Jeff
    Laser's Edge Engraving

Epilog 24TT 45watt
    Corel 12, X3, X5

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Chumbley View Post
    I have an order for 50 equipment tags. I managed to get the print merge to work fine but how do I go about sending to laser. It is 5 pages long.
    Sorry Jeff, but your TT will only handle one "signature" at a time. You'll need to open your print merge file and "uncheck" all "records" after that which will fill one signature(what Corel Imposition tool calls pages). While that signature is printing, return to the merge file and uncheck those and check the next 10(?).

All later models of Epilog lasers will handle multiple page documents and multiple signatures; but, TT and older will not.
    Roy Brewer[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Epilog/Control Laser/Roland engravers/Xenetech

Thanks Roy,

I knew I should have waited another year to buy my laser. Epilog isn't doing any upgrades to the drivers and it's not as sophisticated a machine as the new ones. It does do its job though.

Jeff
    Jeff
    Laser's Edge Engraving

Epilog 24TT 45watt
    Corel 12, X3, X5

Sorry Roy I do not see where you are talking about "all" and "records" when I open the print merge. Is it in print preview or something?
    Jeff
    Laser's Edge Engraving

Epilog 24TT 45watt
    Corel 12, X3, X5

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Chumbley View Post
    Sorry Roy I do not see where you are talking about "all" and "records" when I open the print merge. Is it in print preview or something?
    Jeff,

I mean re open the merge file. While your PrintMerge tool bar is still open, the 2nd icon is "edit the merge file." The data you input is still up in memory; when you look at that which you entered you'll see a checkbox beside each record(plate).
    Patty's suggestion on the other forum, however, might be just as easy --- this is just the way I do it on a TT.
    Roy Brewer[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Epilog/Control Laser/Roland engravers/Xenetech

Thanks again Roy I got it to work with Patty's method but like I said its cumbersome.

When I do my equipment tag jobs I send the raster file first. Then I mask the plastic and send the vector file over to cut them out so I have to go into preflight and make my changes to the settings.
    Jeff
    Laser's Edge Engraving

Epilog 24TT 45watt
    Corel 12, X3, X5