Thread: Sources - Engraved Sign Holders

Sources - Engraved Sign Holders

I know that Artisan Engraving Supply has them but anyone know of a
    better/less expensive source? I'll be quoting 100 or so of the brass 1" x 4" wall mount type holders. This is a good "foot in the door" for a local chain of Markets, so I'd like to get the best possible price.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Joe
    Would these be the JRS type?
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Yes, in fact that's what I get from Artisan, JRS.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

I have found it much cheaper to get directly from JRS. Seems like something we used to pay $13 for ended up costing $9 when we bought it directly from JRS.

Not sure if it helps any, but if you haven't contacted JRS directly, give them a try and see if they will give you a price break for ordering so many at one time.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Good idea, I'll give that a try.

Sammamish, WA

I use very few but I bought them from Johnson Plastics.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I'm not sure what kind of hold you need....

Joe are you talking about those flat metal holders you slide the chunk of engrave plastic into?

I buy my stuff from Western Trophy in Portland and WA Trophy in Kent. I don't know if their prices are bad or good.
    Carol VanArnam Epilog Helix 60w, Corel 12, I like chocolate.....

I'm with Mike - Johnson Plastics.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

I used to buy them from Johnson Plastic too, until I couldn't get them in time for an order and called JRS directly. Not only do I get things quicker now, I get them cheaper.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Jrs

I order from Johnson Plastics and found them locally from other businesses also. My beef is why is black a custom order? The only thing that is kept stock is rose gold and silver

Jeff
    Jeff
    Laser's Edge Engraving

Epilog 24TT 45watt
    Corel 12, X3, X5

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Chumbley View Post
    I order from Johnson Plastics and found them locally from other businesses also. My beef is why is black a custom order? The only thing that is kept stock is rose gold and silver

Jeff
    My problem on this order was that I need 1" x 4" which is special order at all the local places I tried.

Sammamish, WA