Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest Black Granite with Frame-18x24-Shrimp Boats

Latest Black Granite with Frame-18x24-Shrimp Boats

Here is my latest project, now completed and ready to hang. I finally got one for myself after selling a couple while they were still in the laser.
    It is 18x24" on black granite. I made the photograph with D70 Nikon close to Beaufort,SC . I also created the SC Palmetto tree as a vector in Corel X3.
    The frame is routed MDF with Rowmark Flexibrass cut with the laser. Plaque is mounted in the frame with marine epoxy (no pun intended). The Flexibrass is applied to the MDF with 3m Super 77 adhesive.
    Epilog 40watt -100S/45P -the lettering is filled with white acrylic artist paint.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Excellent work Larry! May I ask how much you sell these for? You did a fantastic job!

Phyllis

Phillis:
    Thanks! $200 with the frame. $125 without.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

No fair Larry! Beaufort is in my backyard! Just joking. Very nice work!! Did you make it to my neck of the woods recently?

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Belinda:
    Thanks for the comments.
    Actually, I made the photo last summer. We made a trip over to Hunting Island as side trip when we went to Hilton Head one weekend. When I got my laser,I began looking for photos to do and I had this one. It is also a nice color photo and I may try it on some CLTT also.

Yes, we went to the Mossy Oak Music Park Bluegrass festival in Guyton, Ga. for 3 days last week. We'll be coming back again in October for the last one of the year.

I'm sure you guys had a great time in Guyton, the weather was beautiful. Maybe I'll get a chance to meet you and your wife when you return in October.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    Bella Terra

That looks good Larry. Is that at 600dpi?
    I'm trying to get photo's that look good with out
    shelling out the $450.00 for the photograv software.
    I wouldn't mind paying that much if it was something I did often, but it's not.

Thanks
    Brian Robison
    MetalMarkers
    Epilog Mini
    Rabbit 1290

Brian:
    This has been processed with Photograv and it was at 300dpi. You might be surprised how much better your raster work will look if you make that investment. But, if your not into that area, might not be worth it, that's a call you'll have to make. All I know is, it works for me. Good luck with it.

Belinda:
    Yes, the weather was very nice. I was afraid we were going to have smoke from the fires down there. No smoke, but the air seemed to have a fine dust or soot in it. We noticed it on the things left outside. Y'all sure need some water to fall down there. We're getting dry up here too.

I'm sure we would be delighted to have you over to our place in October. We'll stay in touch on it.

Thanks Larry,
    I found it on e bay for $395.00. Still .............
    Maybe I'll find a deal on it eventually.
    Brian Robison
    MetalMarkers
    Epilog Mini
    Rabbit 1290

Two questions:
    1. Where do you get black granite in that size? The only thing I've seen larger than 12"x12" is in countertop thickness, and not cheap.
    2. How did you get a 18"x24" picture out of a 16"x24" laser?
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bratton View Post
    Belinda:
    No smoke, but the air seemed to have a fine dust or soot in it. We noticed it on the things left outside. Y'all sure need some water to fall down there. We're getting dry up here too.
    Fine ash drifts down everywhere. Yes, we most assuredly need some water. Georgia averages 8000 acres per year lost to fire, the Sweat Farm Road fire burned 10,000 acres in one night. Currently we are over half a million acres burned. The east side has 110 miles of fireline - half contained. Sorry, off thread here, just agreeing with what you said about the rain.

Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    Two questions:
    1. Where do you get black granite in that size? The only thing I've seen larger than 12"x12" is in countertop thickness, and not cheap.
    2. How did you get a 18"x24" picture out of a 16"x24" laser?
    Lee,
    Stone Connection in Norcross GA sells 18 x 18 tiles. There is probably someone closer to you. 18 x 18 is fairly common. You will probably see more "flecking" in these tiles and they may not be of a quality that allows for the best laser result. If you ever need standard 3 cm black granite just shoot me a note. I usually have some sitting around on the stone yard.

Bella Terra

Lee:
    http://www.lasersketch.com/index.htm It's 10mm and it's around $30.00 if you buy 5.
    My laser is an Epilog EXT 36 -36" x 24" table.
    Your confusing my Vision Rotary that is 16x24 with the laser

Just checked their price..$34.24 per pc in a case of 5
    Last edited by Larry Bratton; 05-31-2007 at 11:53 AM. Reason: added comment and price info

Lee:
    My laser is an Epilog EXT 36 -36" x 24" table.
    Your confusing my Vision Rotary that is 16x24 with the laser
    That sort of thing happens a lot lately.
    http://www.lasersketch.com/index.htm It's 10mm and it's around $30.00 if you buy 5.
    Just checked their price..$34.24 per pc in a case of 5
    Ouch! That's about double the $/sqft of the 12"x12" I get, and I'm not sure I even want to know the shipping cost. Something to keep in mind, though...thanks!
    Last edited by Lee DeRaud; 05-31-2007 at 12:13 PM.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.