Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sublimation printing onto acrylic.

I have and it works but the color selection is short. I needed aluminum, for example, and they don't make it.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Hello to everyone in this forum.

Mike:

Can you show me any of your work of cltt on acrylic substrate. also let me know which color laser printer supports best.

Thanks.

Sunil

I would ratehr somebody else recommend a printer as mine is a Panasonic about 6 years old and out of production. The brands I'd consider are Konica Minolta and Okidata.

I do very little transferring to acrylic but here is a name tag I just did along with a t-shirt and some brass plates.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 07-01-2007 at 10:38 AM.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I have a Konica Minolta 5450 and an Okidata 3400n. I had some problems with the Okidata which were posted here. The KM is a superior printer to the OKI for all purposes. You will great output from it for general use and CLTT transfer. I use Versatrans paper from Cactus. http://cactus-equipment.com/
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

decals

Greetings, You might want to try a water slide decal. It's the same type of material that we used in our younger days for models. Todays version can be printed in an ink-jet or a laser copier. I've had better luck with the laser copier. I've found two versions one is transparent and the other on an opaque white background. It takes a bit of playing with initially on larger areas to smooth it out as it is very fragile. I love the material though and use it on ceramic, glass, candles etc. you will have to give it an overcoat (sealer) if you need it to stand up to abuse, but other than that it's pretty cool and versatile. You can find it at most hobby stores or do a search on the internet. A lot of companies handle it. One more thing a company Brooke Cutters has a system that through a coating and a UV process it will seal it to acrylic or crystal. (they use a water-slide decal in their process) Their web site is www.brookecutters.com they don't have much on that page about it but it will give you some contact info. They also provide custom jigsaw puzzles cut from your images fairly reasonable for one ups. Check them out.

Marty
    Last edited by Martin Boekers; 06-04-2007 at 12:06 AM. Reason: typos

Thank your Mike to show your work. It's great looking.

Thanks every one in this forum for their great ideas and suggestions on CLTT.

I am going for CLTT and expand my product range.