Thread: Miter gauge

Miter gauge

Hello,

I just bought a week ago a second hand table saw from Kity. This is a french brand well known in Europe as I live ther) The saw works great, but I want to add such a nice miter gauge like Incra has, with its fixed positions for every angle you like.

Problem hower is that they work with a bar for the miter slot of 3/8 x 3/4'', while the one in my table saw is only +/- 6*15 mm.

Has onyone a solution or suggestion?

Thanks

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Stol
    Hello,

I just bought a week ago a second hand table saw from Kity. This is a french brand well known in Europe as I live ther) The saw works great, but I want to add such a nice miter gauge like Incra has, with its fixed positions for every angle you like.

Problem hower is that they work with a bar for the miter slot of 3/8 x 3/4'', while the one in my table saw is only +/- 6*15 mm.

Has onyone a solution or suggestion?

Thanks

Erik
    I would suggest that you consider making a sled or two with the angles you want to cut or the angles you will be cutting often. It will be more accurate than a miter guage and less money as well. The only disadvantage will be that you will not be able to cut compound angles.

Gene

Eric,
    My Agazanni bandsaw from Italy has the same slot...when I bought it Jesse @ Eagle tools sold me a special miter gauge...there must be one for the Kity... or you can contact Jesse...Its pretty basic though.
    Mark
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Hi Mark,

Souns promising to me. I will give it a go. Can you help me out with there webadress?

Thanks

Erik

Eric,Here is the link:http://www.eagle-tools.com/
    I think there is a higher quality gauge made for he Kity....Since your in Europe it seems strange having to get a miter gauge which is made in Europe from a US supplier? Talk to Jesse and see if that is the right gauge before he ships it...my first approach would be Kity.
    Mark

You could buy a fancy American gauge, remove the 3/8x3/4 bar, and put on a 6x15 bar. Because your holes may not be aligned as accurately as the factory's, select a gauge whose "zero angle" mark can be adjusted.

Jamie,

Thanks for the advice. I will think it over.

Erik

Hi Mark,

The whole thing is about money. All tools, woodworking and so on, are far more cheaper in the USA then in Europe. OK you could say that you only use half the power then in Europe .
    Even with shipping costs it beats the European prices. And more over service is good.

Erik

Eric,
    I measured it . It is 3x20 mm . It sounds like a different one. I think the best one here is made by Fasttrack if you can change the bar? Here is a photo of mine
    Mark

Link:http://www.woodworkingfasttrak.com/P...p?optionsid=24
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Singer
    Eric,
    I measured it . It is 3x20 mm . It sounds like a different one. I think the best one here is made by Fasttrack if you can change the bar? Here is a photo of mine
    Mark

Link:http://www.woodworkingfasttrak.com/P...p?optionsid=24
    Mark,

Have you seen this one, it is the best I have found after trying 2 others.

Gene

http://northwestpowertools.com/tool_...sborne/eb3.htm

Hello Gene,

I've seen this one but it won't work for me. There miter bar is too big for my TS.

Erik

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your thinking along. Looks good on the picture. I've visited the website of Fasttrack and requested there catalog and if the miter bar is changeable. I will see....

OK of to bed. Early start tomorrow.

Erik