Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: MM16 - is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Denby View Post
    I have dealt with AEG controls and switchgear working on industrial HVAC. AEG is considered good equipment. So this kinda surprises me they have had this problem. ....I guess everyone makes a fluke now and then.
    Randy, the AEG eletricals are quite good. The AEG switch assembly that Centuaro puts in this saw (MM doesn't make the MM16-MM36 bandsaws, and MM's other gear uses better electricals) is the lowest of the low end that you can get from AEG. It looks great on paper but the swtich assembly fails way to often. I had to replace mine (free from MM) twice and the one I have now works well. I'm glad to see that MM has finally come up with a retrofit replacement for the AEG.

Follow up - the new version replacement switch arrived yesterday. It's a Klockner-Moeller PKZM01 series and the construction/design appears much better than the previous AEG. It's a modular designed switch with basic switch, undervoltage trip module, and auxilliary contact module. This appears to be a very good switch. Since there seems to be little info or posts about this new switch, here are some pics to contrast it with the previous AEG.

I haven't had time to install yet, but that will be on tap for this weekend.
    Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Brad Schmid; 05-04-2007 at 3:06 PM.

Brad, I know it's an old thread, but I was wondering if this new switch solved your MM16 electrical issues. I finally fired up my mm16 that I've had over a year yesterday, and the switch worked for about 1 minute and now doesn't. I have a call into tech service and will see if there is any improvement in service.

Bob,

It absolutely did solve my problem. The better switch has been working flawlessly since i installed it in May. On the install, the only thing I had to do was drill and tap 2 new holes in the column since the spacing was different on the new switch. Good Luck.

Cheers

Feel fortunate. You have many inputs on your BS, but I have heard next to nothing on the new Griz series with the plastic handwheels . Even went to their store in Muncy last month...a story in itself. Was ready to order but the handwheels really turned me off. Would have to go from $1300 to $1900 to get metal with the BS Would order tomorrw if nice heavy metal like the next in series. Oops, 'cuse me for getting off subject, I digress. What is price range for a 19 inch MM? Maybe its time to bite the bullet.

MM sounds more like M&M to me! Thanks for the heads up!!!

7. bump..........

Cliff, I'm confused....bump a 2 year old thread for what? Is there more information needed? Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Ditto on the confusion.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

The "support" people at MM are very cordial and pleasant but unfortunately they have also been useless even on simple stuff like "is depressing the foot brake suposed to turn the motor off or not?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    Cliff, I'm confused....bump a 2 year old thread for what? Is there more information needed? Jim.
    even though he does not own any of their stuff, he just wanted to keep them on their toes?

This was resolved for me by MM 2 years ago... Not sure the purpose of the resurrection of this thread

I think Cliff was bored.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    Because I may buy an MM16 and I want to see how this and other issues are resolved.

And of course because others may be interested.

So I think it's well to keep it alive.

I may be in the in minority but, there's no defamation here so there's no harm to any one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Rohrabacher View Post
    Because I may buy an MM16 and I want to see how this and other issues are resolved.

And of course because others may be interested.

So I think it's well to keep it alive.

I may be in the in minority but, there's no defamation here so there's no harm to any one.
    Why didn't you just say that in yesterdays post? It’s certainly a legitimate question.

FWIW, I’m still happy I bought mine.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney