Thread: Hitachi

Hitachi

Any feekings, pro or con, about the Hitachi 1 1/2 horse, 1/2 inch collett, vs router. I found it on sale for $99.95, and I do need a router. Have a 35 year old craftsman 1/4" currently. Want something for light duty work untile I build a new shop and get a router table.

Bob
    Redbob

Bob, I'm not familiar with this model Hitachi router - I have the M12V and it's a good tool. I wanted to point out that Western Tool Supply has a special on the Porter Cable 690LR right now for their 25th anniversary.

WTS is selling the 690LR for $85.00 and PC is offering a $25 rebate too, for a total cost of $60.00. Both offers are good through the end of April.

Link to rebate form.

http://http://portercable.cpoworksho...r_25rebate.pdf

Bob

I'm not familiar with the Hitachi either but know plenty about the PC's that Bill is talking about. They are great machines and at that price, would be a really good deal.

The Hitachi your looking at is a fairly new model. It may be a perfectly good router but the PC 690's are definately tried and true. They have been around a long time. They run very smooth and have enough power for most routing tasks.

The Sears router was my first router also. Boy, what a step up when I got my first PC690. You won't believe the difference.