Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SMC Sale Item Save 20% - Micro Jig GRR-Ripper System

SMC Sale Item Save 20% - Micro Jig GRR-Ripper System

This is a Special SawMill Creek Members discount from MicroJig. Orders will only be available (Visa or Mastercard) via our sponsors web site at Hampton Roads Online, follow the link below. This special price will be available until January 30th, 2004.

Thanks to Henry Wang for offering our members this great discount. Visit the MicroJig web site for more technical information, use the link below to order and receive the Special Discount.

Micro Jig GRR-Ripper System
    $69.95 Regular Price
    $54.95 for SawMill Creek Members!

The GR200 is composed of different adjustable/detachable components and can be used on the table saw, router table, shaper, jointer and band saw. The tool utilizes multiple grooved non-slip pads to provide strong gripping and holding power for feeding a work piece through the cutting elements.

Unlike a conventional push block or push stick that pushes only one side of work piece, the GRR-RipperŪ controls both sides of the work piece during feeding. It is a Protective Hand Pusher System.

The GRR-Ripper GR200 DVD
    $9.95 Regular Price
    $7.95 for SawMill Creek Members!

Video includes over two hours of information and demonstrations. The MicroJig Grr-Ripper is a multi-functional tool, the DVD explains all of the configurations and capabilities of the system.

NOTE: Shipping charges are for US Orders. International orders please
    contact us for shipping charges.

ATTENTION: THIS PRICE IS FOR SAWMILL CREEK MEMBERS ONLY AND NOT FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 01-02-2015 at 10:49 AM.

Keith,

Thanks for getting the special offer setup for us. I just placed my order for both items. I like the idea of continuing to work with 8 fingers and 2 thumbs. I think this will help me to do that.

Thanks Again,
    Jim Guy

Thanks Keith! And thanks Henry Wang! Great price...
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Keith,

I just ordered 2 GRR-Ripper's and the DVD. Thanks for getting us a good deal. My digits will be most pleased.
    "The idea that "violence doesn't solve anything" is a historically untrue and immoral doctrine. Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. People that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."

Darn. I already ordered one for myself for a Christmas present from my wife ( do not let wife pick your Christmas present ) but the CD will be helpful.

Thanks...I ordered

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten
    This is a Special SawMill Creek Members discount from MicroJig. Orders will only be available (Visa or Mastercard) via our sponsors web site at Hampton Roads Online, follow the link below. This special price will be available until January 30th, 2004.

Thanks to Henry Wang for offering our members this great discount. Visit the MicroJig web site for more technical information, use the link below to order and receive the Special Discount.

Micro Jig GRR-Ripper System
    $69.95 Regular Price
    $54.95 for SawMill Creek Members!

The GR200 is composed of different adjustable/detachable components and can be used on the table saw, router table, shaper, jointer and band saw. The tool utilizes multiple grooved non-slip pads to provide strong gripping and holding power for feeding a work piece through the cutting elements.

I appreciate the discount! I ordered
    Mark

Unlike a conventional push block or push stick that pushes only one side of work piece, the GRR-RipperŪ controls both sides of the work piece during feeding. It is a Protective Hand Pusher System.

The GRR-Ripper GR200 DVD
    $9.95 Regular Price
    $7.95 for SawMill Creek Members!

Video includes over two hours of information and demonstrations. The MicroJig Grr-Ripper is a multi-functional tool, the DVD explains all of the configurations and capabilities of the system.

NOTE: Shipping charges are for US Orders. International orders please contact us for shipping charges.

Click Here to purchase one or both of these Special Sale Items.

Thanks,
    I apprecaiate the discount! I will put this to good use.
    Mark
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

SMC Sale Item Save 20% - Micro Jig GRR-Ripper System

I ordered another one for my shop. This is really a nice deal and they will get better in the future if our members will suport the program.

I could put several of these type of bulk buys together every month, but to get the really big discounts we need to buy hundreds of items. A really large order brings with it deep discounts. Those of you who ordered just one GRR-Ripper will order a second as soon as you receive yours in the mail and watch the DVD. That's why I kept this offer active untill January 30th, there is plenty of time for you to make a second order.

Thanks to all of you who have purchased the GRR-Ripper 200 and the DVD's, your support is really appreciated.

Let's go people, support the bulk buy program if you want it to grow!

I'm in for one

There goes the last of my Chrismas money.

Thumbs up Trying to do my part

Thanks for setting up the Grr-Ripper deal. I ordered one of each.
    Best Regards, Ken

Thanks Keith and Henry! I doubt I'd be able to beat this price at a WW show. Thanks again.

Questions about grripper

Keith, Since I dont have the DVD and would want to only place 1 order, could you give a brief explination as to why you recomend 2.

Also it appears you remove your splitter, or need a very short one. I have a beis. pop in splitter that looks like it would hit the gripper. Is this correct?

Dave,

Lets say you are ripping a long board cutting thin strips. You start with both grippers on the board one in front of the other. As you push the board thru the blade you can walk the board by moving the front gripper to the back as you progress thru the rip. This procedure lets you always have one gripper on top of and pushing the stock. Also remember that in most cases the gripper holds both sides of the lumber so the waste side is controlled as well. I think this is what makes the gripper such a great system. The video shows how many cuts can be made much safer and some I wouldn't even attempt the old fashioned way. Cutting thin strips is a breeze. Resawing is another process that is safer and much easier as well.

I'm not sure about the splitter, I'll have to review the video again and get back to you...I don't use a splitter or kickback pawls so I didn't pay a lot of attention to that portion of the video. I did notice that since the gripper holds both sides of the stock there is less chance of the lumber closing behind the blade.

I can ask Henry if it would be OK to post a couple of pictures from the video, I know it would be very helpfull. I've watched it several times and each time I learned something new.

I just checked the MicroJig web site and they suggest removing a splitter if it is installed. They have lots of pictures on their site of the gripper being used for routing as well as on band saws and joiners.

Grripper is great!

I have bought two of these during the past year and love them. Yes Keith, you have to remove the splitter, but it is even safer than doing a dado cut. I love it for 1/8" and 1/4" rips on small boards (cutting splines or small laminations). They are really great on the router table too. Much smoother cuts with no divots at the end of a pass.

OK Keith....I ordered 2 of the GRR-Rippers based on your recommendations and a DVD....We'll see how they work out......
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

That's odd. . .

I already have two of the grippers, so I was thinking of ordering the DVD. If you order for the reduced price via Keith's link, $4.00 is added to the 7.95 price. If you just go to Microjig's site via the regular route, the cost is $9.95 with no shipping. Doesn't make a lot of sense, does it? Tony
    Tony