Hey Gents,
Just wanted to thank all who replied to my thread. {Glenn, Mike, Jim, Dan, Rick, Randal, Jason, Ryan}. Ya really made someone new to the site feel welcome and I appreciate it. There is some great reading on this site and I plan to continue using it. It is now on my favorites. All your comments were very useful but the decision process hasn't gotten much easier because there is so much out there. But I have narrowed it down to 3 or 4. Been considering another Dewalt. 18V XRP. Little on the heavy side though but I'm sure its a good tool. Looking at Hitachi's 18v with lithium or NIMH batteries. Also considering a Makita 18V with lith. battery. Still not sure about those lith. batteries though. Sounds like the weight reduction would be great. Charge holding time is good also. A little concearned about the batteries life span though from what Rick stated. It would be quite the spanking to replace them down the road. Most articles I have read didn't mention that. Maybe because they are relatively new. Not sure. I'm sure a lot depends on usage with any of the batteries. The Panasonics had some great reviews but something about buying a drill the same make as my DVD recorder just didn't set well with me. Guess I have alway's been a little bias towards the bigger name tools. Most of my wood working tools are Delta. Anyway, going out this weekend to test a few for feel and hopefully **** or get off the pot. Thanks again for all the replies and Sawmill Creek rocks. Have a nice holiday all.