Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coolibah lidded vessel

Perfect Travis, absolutely perfect!!! WOW!
    Officially Retired!!!!!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!

1,036 miles NW of Keith Burns

Quote Originally Posted by TYLER WOOD
    I honestly can say this is by far the most beautiful and captivating piece that I have ever seen. I found myself staring at the first pic my eyes following the grain pattern all the way to the rim. The blackwood offsets the red hues of the coolibah so nicely. The ridges in the rim being small also make a nice effect to make it look like a form in nature. I see this as someone walking througha rain forrset and stubling onto this unique flower growing. Name it RAINFOREST FLOWER!!!

I am truly dumbfounded at the beauty of this piece. about the only thing I could think of is how do I convince him to send it to me!! I think that I would actually pay for this turning which says a lot for me. I rarely see a turning and not think I can turn that for myself. I instantyl saw this and was like "nope I would have to buy that to have it in my house.

By the way Travis, just for snickers and grins, what is this one gonna go for? If you don't mind sharing that info.
    Tyler, I'm honored that you feel that way about it. But honestly, I have no idea. Agonizing over pricing is my least favorite thing to do.
    Thanks again everyone for your comments.

Travis, I usually don't comment about people's work. But you went ahead and did it this time. You really make me sick! There is no way in heaven or on earth I will ever be able to produce a piece even half that stunning. I just want to crawl under the covers and die! But I won't. Got to keep turning, after all, it's addictive.

Thanks for showing us how it should be done.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it!

can't say anything not already said, Travis, except maybe I can oneday say, in some museum or gallery, Oh yes, a Stinson, I know the man, have seen much of his work....
    measure, cut, shake head

Travis, that piece is stunning as I've come to expect from you. Really a great form and the finish is georgeous.

I do have to say that I think I would like it better as a vase on a pedestal. The picture with the top finial removed looks very elegant except that my eye doesn't expect to see that closed in top with a hole in it. The finial looks sort of added-on to me.

I feel sorta stupid critiqueing your work but that's my opinion FWIW.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

Really nice work, Travis! This is a masterpiece of turning skills and artistic design. Congrats on a great piece of art.

Blog Entries
    I have been unable to be in the Creek since the 24th (computer went brain dead) Just got it back last night, what a pleasure to see such craftsmanship still being exibited. Travis I believe that you have not only raised the bar but established your own heights along with it. Great job, by the way I like the final finial flows better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tom

Turning comes easy to some folks .... wish I was one of them

and only 958 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf

That is a real beauty!
    Congratulation!

Art

Travis -- you see the world with a different eye than the rest of us 'commoners'. Incredible piece.

Outstanding Travis! any chance we can see one of your disasters so we'll know you are human?? Great work again guy!!
    Success is the sum of Failure and Learning