Thread: clamps

clamps

what do you guys think of the Jorgensen clamps from HomeDepot?

Jorgensen makes good clamps. Most of them in the USA.

HD is overpriced on them, I usually get mine from Amazon.

Ed

clamps

Don't see why they wouldn't be fine, as long as they're not rejects from the factory. I don't think the Depot does that, but you never know. A lot of their stuff is suspect, but I've never had problems with tools personally. Russ

I have seen them on amazon, at about half price. I think thats the way to go. Thanks

Jim, I have 8 cabinet masters and 16 F type clamps from HD.

I also have a set of Bessy and a set of Jet, I like the Jet the best but I use the cabinet masters the most.

I like the
    Jorgensen bar clamps. Hargrave bar clamps are always filthy with black crud on them when they arrive,and I hate cleaning them off.

Blog Entries
    I have quite a few Jorgi f-style clamps. They are a better quality than many of the look-alikes for not much more. When you are needing a third hand, the clutch style clamps are a benefit vs a sliphead clamp (which I have as well and like). I wish I would have saved that money though and bought more Bessey Uniclamps for small work. Penn State, Peachtree and others have low prices on decent f-style clamps if that is what you are after.

For parallel clamps, There are a lot of offerings out there but I stick with Bessey K-body's for the weight to usefulness ratio. The Cabinet Masters, Jets and Irwins are all well made and you may find a preference for one feature or another so get them in your hands (and hold them at arms length) before you decide.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

thanks, I am wanting to get parallel clamps, sick of the old pipe clamps screwing me up