Thread: Ready for Christmas.........at last!

Ready for Christmas.........at last!

FINALLY done with last minute Christmas Gifts! I have been done with my Christmas Projects for some time now, but other folks seem to think us Woodworkers have nothing better to do, so they like to wait until the last minute. I Had requests for a few Pens, and a Bowl to be delivered before Christmas, so between Saturday and Sunday, I was "forced" to turn a few things! Made a few Pens, the 2 on the left are turned using Dymondwood Blanks, and other 2 are "real" wood. The far right is Chechen Burl, and the 3rd from left is Bocote with some beautiful color variation that the photo does not show very well. The Box Elder Bowl was turned Sunday, and so far I have one coat of Oil Finish on it. Hopefully, I will be able to deliver it on Christmas Eve. Nothing like working under the gun for the Holidays..........but it is still enjoyable, and the money will come in handy for a few things I have on my wanted list. Thanks for taking a look, and Happy Holidays!

(The pictures could have been better, but I hurried them, sorry!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Most excellent examples of fine turning, Mr. Kevin! Have a great holiday!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

THose are all awesome Kevin! I really like the dymondwood pens!

Matt

Nice work Kevin, Merry Christmas by the way

Great job ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gersty
    FINALLY done with last minute Christmas Gifts! ... Thanks for taking a look, and Happy Holidays! (The pictures could have been better, but I hurried them, sorry!)
    Hey Kevin ... looks like you perform well under pressure! No wonder you do such a good job on your regular projects! Beautiful pens and they do make great presents. Thanks for sharing and Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Ron
    Thanks, Ron

Kevin

Don't you just hate it when you have to go to the lathe? I have been forced to mine also. Making mom a bowl from a piece of Cedar. Going to buff today. Your pens and Boxelder are super. Have a very Merry Christmas.

Terry