Thread: Festool Mini Vac or Fein Turbo 1

Festool Mini Vac or Fein Turbo 1

Trying to compare these two vacs. From what I read there is similar suction with the noise level being lower in the Fein.

My question is, will the Fein hose fit a festool sander? Is there an adaptor I would have to buy if not? I'm sure that would close the price gap as well.

I'm tired of spewing tons of dust with my sander and need some relief.

Any other info on deciding between these would be great.

Thanks

I have the Festool CT22. It is quiet.

If you want to hook it up to Festools, I would go with their vac. I have the Fein and had to buy a special hose from Festool to hook the Fein to the Festools. The hose is also not anti-static and that's an incovenience.

I have the CT mini, great vac. You get the anti-static hose, variable speed suction, this helps when sanding, you can turn the vac power down so the sander won't by sucked down to the wood.

Charles,

I don't own either model vacuum you are looking at, but do own 2 - CT 22's & a Fein Turbo.

Either I am sure would be great vacuums, however the Fein can not dial down the amount of suction. Too much suction is a problem for some model sanders, and high suction will effect the performance of the sander negatively.

The Festool Mini although you can dial the proper suction, does not have the power of the larger CT 22 which you would want for general cleanup. Both Festool models however come with the anti static hoses. I didn't think this was important as the Fein I had for years doesn't have this feature, (nor will a anti-static Festool hose be anti static if used on a Fein even though it fits the Fein perfectly...) until I used a anti-static hose. Luxury tasted becomes....

And when you look at the Mini next to the CT 22, it's not that much smaller... All Festool models allow you to store Systainers on the vacuum top, this I use constantly!!! This alone after using both the Fein & CT 22, I'd say go for the Festool.

Note: if you get the Festool vacuum, order a Compact Cleaning Kit #456 736 for $62. I have a pair of these that always ride on top of the vacuums.

Both companies make great vacuums, but I prefer the Festool CT 22. Which of course is why I have two of these...

jim
    Life is just a series of projects.........

I thought the attachments would swing me that way, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

I have Mini, bought in with mind set I was going only use it with the sanders only. Then I bought the ATF55. The vac can keep up with it. But I wish now I had had bought the CT22.
    Last edited by Russ Massery; 03-24-2007 at 2:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Massery
    I have Mini, bought in with mind set I was going only use it with the sanders only. Then I bought the ATF55. The vac can kept up with it. But I wish now I had had bought the CT22.
    I agree the mini works with my TS55 no problems, I did order the CT22 (packaged with Domino) and the boomarm.

I have the large version of both the Fein and the Festool. For me, the Fein is a much better vac for all purpose activities in the shop--I can "throw it" around the shop or house and not worry about parts breaking off, etc; the Festool vac, on the other hand, has more "plastic" parts and is more delicate than the Fien--such that I am more carefull in how I use it. But of course for dust collection w/your tools the Festool, for me, is better. Which one is more quiet? I don't really know--about the same so far as I have noticed.

Fein makes a "stepdown" rubber adapter, which I found works extremely well with the Festool dust pickup ports. I bought my Fein mini before I started buying Festool. Were I to do it all over today, I'd go with the Festool, if for no other reasons than the Systainer adaptability and the variable suction. Both are nice vacs, though as Russ mentioned, I think I'd step up to the C22. More "umph" and larger capacity with just a slight increase in footprint.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!