Thread: Need quick compound miter saw advise!

Exclamation Need quick compound miter saw advise!

Amazon just put this up on their site:

Makita LS1214FL 12" dual bevel sliding compound miter saw with laser and light
    $597.55
    free shipping

Promotion of $150 off above price
    Promotion of free 1/2" 18 volt Makita drill kit with two batteries (shows to be $199.95 on Amazon)

That leaves the saw arriving at the front door for $249.50 (Yes, I can use the drill!)

Anyone have this saw or comments. Gotta pull the trigger soon. Thanks!

No experience with that saw, but it doesn't sound like an everyday deal.

I'd pull the trigger. Worst position you could be in is having to sell the saw slightly used if something about it really rubbed you the wrong way.

And you'd still have the drill.

I own it.

Far as I am concerned it is the best saw on the market till the Kapex hits these shores

Buy it now!

Per
    "all men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night....wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."
    T.E. Lawrence

Bob,

The trim carpenters I know that have them speak highly. I'm a Bosch guy but I'd get it for the price. You can't lose.
    Chuck

Robert,

I got that exact deal at the end of Feb. from Amazon. I haven't used the saw for any projects yet but the scraps I cut while setting up the tool for parallel etc. were very nice. Unless Makita changes the deal, the rebate for the drill expires by March 31. You need to have a paid receipt by that date. It took almost 7-10 days for me to get my saw w/ standard shipping.

I would by again in a heartbeat. Prior to this I had the Dual Bevel non slider 12" from Craftsman. good saw but actually cost almost $100 more than the Makita.

Don't know how Amazon does it!

Thanks for the heads up. I had the LS1013 but sold it as it did not have enough vertical capacity to lean up the crown I was installing and the compound angles were tough to replicate and set accurately. I borrowed a friends 12" Dewalt but liked the Makita better and have been trying to decide which 12" to get. This deal tipped the scales and is a big improvement over what I had and I get a good drill to boot. Now if amazon can only deliver it in time to cut out the upc code to get the rebate.