Thread: A new Discovery and Dream Gloat

A new Discovery and Dream Gloat

This is probably old hat to some of you ancient ones( who shall remain nameless) But I just got my new WoodTurners Catalog today. WOW!! I didn't know that anyone put ALL the neat woodturning goodies in one place. It is really nice going to one catalog just for woodturners and not cluttered up with all that flatwork stuff. So my gloat is a gloat to dream by. If some of you new guys are interested it comes from Craft Supplies USA. Made my day!
    Success is the sum of Failure and Learning

Christopher,
    What's on the cove? I'm just curious if it's the one I have or if I should be looking for a new one in the mail. Thanks, Brian

Yes, they have a lot of stuff. But I still prefer Packard Woodworks for turning stuff any day over Craft Supplies. (Their new spring catalog also just came out)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Yes, they have a lot of stuff. But I still prefer Packard Woodworks for turning stuff any day over Craft Supplies. (Their new spring catalog also just came out)
    I whole heartedly agree Jim. The folks at Packard Woodworks (Brad and his staff) have been very good to deal with for years. If I don't buy it locally, it comes from Packard. Along with Lee Valley, they are the best, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian McInturff
    Christopher,
    What's on the cove? I'm just curious if it's the one I have or if I should be looking for a new one in the mail. Thanks, Brian
    It's the 2006/2007 fall issue with Pine Bowls on the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Ok, I hear that, but tell me why you prefer it? Is it price, service or something else? Inquiring minds want to know...

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher K. Hartley
    It's the 2006/2007 fall issue with Pine Bowls on the cover.
    I thought they came out with a new one...I had that since September last year!

Haven't tried Packard or LeeValley but I am very pleased with CSUSA's service. I usually wait for a deal before purchasing though.
    Dario

Quote Originally Posted by Dario Octaviano
    I thought they came out with a new one...I had that since September last year!

Haven't tried Packard or LeeValley but I am very pleased with CSUSA's service. I usually wait for a deal before purchasing though.
    Just goes to show, it doesn't take a lot to make me happy.

A good word for most of them

I've had nothing but good luck with Craft supplies. Their technical support is excellent, service is very good. By the same token, Lee Valley has been excellent as has Highland Hardware. The truth is that I've also had good luck with Packard, Woodchips, Woodcraft and most of the other mail order places. Of the manufacturers, Oneway has been great. For the absolute best in service, price and advice, though, I get into my car and drive to Mann Tools in Columbia. It's not only that I'm supporting a local dealer, but the fact is that they are fabulous. When they recommend a tool, I find that they are right on target. My only complain about them is that twice a year, they drive me bankrupt with their 10% off of everything sale- I think that the next one is at the end of this month
    Now in keeping with my promise in an earlier thread about praise and complaints, I won't mention the miserable dealings I've had with one manufacturer and a few dealers.

Packard and Craft Supplies both support my club Presque Isle Woodturners and likewise I support both with alternating orders. Both give excellant service and you can't go wrong ordering from either one.

Thanks for the tip about Packard...I just ordered a catalog.

I've only dealt with CSU, Penn St., Woodcraft, & Lee Valley in the past. Anyone else have anyone they like to deal with that wasn't mentioned?