Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SMC members set a new record on Monday

SMC members set a new record on Monday

"Most users ever online was 817, 03-05-2007 at 4:21 PM."
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I have noticed lately lotsa users at one time, especially in the WW and Power Tool forum...

There are still more visitors than members online most of the time.I wonder why?
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo
    There are still more visitors than members online most of the time.I wonder why?
    Intimidation, most visitors feel they have nothing to say, don't want to be flammed for a dumb question or are just trying to find out some info. I have been on many and even owned a few Forums in my day. Trust me when I say this is one board that does not judge you on, experience, post count, newbie questions or age. This board really has some great people on it...

Sometimes I'm in that category as I don't "automatically" log in....
    Officially Retired!!!!!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!

1,036 miles NW of Keith Burns

I visited for quite a while before I decided to jump into the Creek. And boy, if I let my first post determine my future here I would have hightailed it for the woods! I do take full responsibility for that though. All of you were so kind in welcoming me, and have been so accepting of my frequent Off Topic-Off the Wall Posts that I almost feel at home here.

If any of you visitors are lurking out there, come on in. No one has drowned me yet, and I've been offered many a hand in welcome and in assistance out of the deeper pools of confusion. I love this forum and some of the folks here are starting to feel like old friends. (Can be dangerous I know on the Net!) For example, if I log on in the morning and don't see a post by Nancy Laird I wonder how she is doing. She has done loads to educate me in the short time I have been a member. I have had a delightful time exchanging quips with John over shootin' varmints and anticipating Ken's shaking of the head! And just this morning Phyllis Meyer decided to come and sit on my porch. I'm brewing a pot of coffee for her as soon as I get home.

Don't be shy. The waters here at the Creek are some of the warmest you will find.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

I have come to believe that the vast majority of the population is not comfortable (Not skilled? Not experienced? Not selfconfident?) with writing.
    "It's Not About You."

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mulder
    I have come to believe that the vast majority of the population is not comfortable (Not skilled? Not experienced? Not selfconfident?) with writing.
    A lack of syntax skill has never bothered me…
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Every time I log in from work, I get numerous visitors from my IT and HR Depts following me in to keep track of me.
    Use the fence Luke

I just noticed that...wow! Growth big time!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

have come to believe that the vast majority of the population is not comfortable (Not skilled? Not experienced? Not selfconfident?) with writing. __________________
    I'll second that, i own a board over at yahoo groups, and have a member who is dislexic. he is always afraid to post anything anymore. I literaly have to ban someone once a month, because without even knowing the case they continualy attack him for not using proper grammer.

if the two of us were walking down the street and someone, a stranger said something mean face to face they would be laying on the ground picking up there teeth.

I can't stand someone who judges someone else without even knowing the person.

That would be 817 people not in their shop making stuff.
    Jim

Either none of us have jobs or, to put it charitably, we are "multitasking" from work. 4:15 is usually about the time I hit the wall at work....

Jack

I'm wondering if there's just a bit of intimidation factor here, reading posts on many topic's seem to end up with people suggesting pretty high end stuff, maybe a bit to much for the beginner.
    Still think a beginners section might be a way to get more involved, several of the other sites I go to have such a section fwiw.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Young
    That would be 817 people not in their shop making stuff.
    Well, sometimes I'm 1/2 guilty of that. However, the PC I use most is IN the shop!!!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!