Thread: Exactly how's this transfer tape work....

Exactly how's this transfer tape work....

I did a 4" x 3' long sign out of Laser Ultra Thin from IPI. It's a customers name in 3" tall letters, and then some other text about 1" high under it all. They want it installed on a glass window on their store front.

All in all, about 3 feet long. I cut it out, didn't go through the paper. I peeled all the excess material away, leaving nothing but the letters stuck to the backing paper.

I went to sign warehouse and bought some transfer tape. When it arrived, I learned it was the same as the masking I already have, which didn't work.

I cut off a piece, lay it on top of the letters, and press down, but it doesn't stick to the letters so I can peel the adhesive backing off the letters.

Did I miss something here? I thought it was a simple task, but once again, I'm finding out I'm not cut out for simple tasks

Am I doing something wrong, or using the wrong product to try and lift it or what? Anyone got a quick work around, as I'm supposed to install it tonight after hours, and I can't wait 3 more days if I have to order something else (which I'll still do for future use).

Thanks-

Okay, I'll answer my own question. Here's a little tip.....

Don't spray the plastic with Pledge to protect it from smoke damage if you plan on sticking transfer tape to it later

I cleaned it and it appears to stick quite well. Imagine where I'd be if I wasn't such a large obstacle in my own way!

Good work finding out your own solution!

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

New to Vinyl...

Great post and advice... THANKS !!!!

AL