Thread: DuraCut 24 Vinyl Cutter & Plotter

1. DuraCut 24 Vinyl Cutter & Plotter

Does anyone have the DuraCut 24 Vinyl Cutter & Plotter? Looking at getting into sign making etc. not sure if this is a good machine to start with. What should I look for in a machine?

Thanks
    Thanks,

James Meagher
    Universal V-460 30W

Quote Originally Posted by James Meagher
    Does anyone have the DuraCut 24 Vinyl Cutter & Plotter? Looking at getting into sign making etc. not sure if this is a good machine to start with. What should I look for in a machine?

Thanks
    I've not used that one. The price is 1/2 what I paid for my Graphtec, but I have one here that I just put together but have not had a chance to hook up that is half the price of the DuraCut, the Copam 2500. In fact they have gone for as little as $300 on E-Bay, depending on how many bidders (no reserve). From what I've seen on other forums they are a great entry level plotter, but also used in high production shops now, imported from China hence the low prices. Another thing I like is that it takes up a lot less space than my other 24" plotter.

I do recommend a friction feed plotter, so you don't have to always buy perforated vinyl and can use scraps. You can google for sign forums or forums for specific plotters and see user feedback before buying.

http://uscutterdirect.com/category/vinyl_cutters/

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-USCutter-Cop...QQcmdZViewItem

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green