Thread: New 'Wood Working project pics' section?

New 'Wood Working project pics' section?

Hi, love visiting SMC as its great to so easily view and converse American woodworking styles and techniques (me being an Aussie ).

I'm fairly new around here so I'm not sure if it has been discussed or suggested, so go easy on me.

Would it be a good idea to have a forum exclusively for finished woodwork items, obviously with pics?
    I love looking at peoples projects, but I think I generally miss a lot of them as I usually skim over the heading topics.

Anyway, tell me what you think, or let me know how it is, cheers.

We have discussed this a few times. Unfortunately, adding more forums means adding more workload to our highly paid moderation and administration staff. The better solution is for folks to choose and use better thread descriptions. For example, I always start my project threads with "Project: {descriptive name of project}". Yea, I'm anal...but it works!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

...seems you have now added a Woodwork project section. Dont know why it wasn't done sooner. Gee, theres lots of ads around here now but I guess you don't get anything for free these days.

Tim, if you'd like to "not see" the ads, consider becoming a contributor. Not only will you have the option to turn off the ads, you'll also get access to other benefits. It's all about paying the bills here at SMC...it costs money to run a forum like this and the strictly contributor model failed to provide what was necessary. Therefore, SMC is now a commercial business to stay viable.

The Woodworking Projects forum was created to reduce the load on General Woodworking. Contributors also have personal galleries, BLOGs, etc.

Jim
    SMC Moderator
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    We have discussed this a few times. Unfortunately, adding more forums means adding more workload to our highly paid moderation and administration staff. The better solution is for folks to choose and use better thread descriptions. For example, I always start my project threads with "Project: {descriptive name of project}". Yea, I'm anal...but it works!

good idea to name threads better...