Thread: Attn: Glenn Hodges ...

Attn: Glenn Hodges ...

To follow up on the thread with the turned horn plugs ... you'd requested seeing some of the engraving on the powder horns. Here are the two I've completed so far. One on the maple plugged horn and one on the cedar plugged horn. These are simple engravings for a cheaper horn. The more detailed and size of the engraving ... natually, the more cost involved. I draw the pictures freehand from a design, carve it with a carbide scribe, ink the lines and clean off the excess ink. It's very relaxing. Stick my John Wayne movie in the DVD player and let it run in the background. Can't be beat ... and since no power tools are involved ... I can have the bottle of Bud handy, too. Thanks for looking.
    Ron
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks, Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Smith ... Richmond, VA
    To follow up on the thread with the turned horn plugs ... you'd requested seeing some of the engraving on the powder horns. Here are the two I've completed so far. One on the maple plugged horn and one on the cedar plugged horn. These are simple engravings for a cheaper horn. The more detailed and size of the engraving ... natually, the more cost involved. I draw the pictures freehand from a design, carve it with a carbide scribe, ink the lines and clean off the excess ink. It's very relaxing. Stick my John Wayne movie in the DVD player and let it run in the background. Can't be beat ... and since no power tools are involved ... I can have the bottle of Bud handy, too. Thanks for looking.
    Ron
    Thanks Ron, I appreciate all the work that goes into them. The pictures tell the story.
    Glenn Hodges
    Nashville, Georgia

"Would you believe the only time I ever make mistakes is when someone is watching?"

Really nice looking powder horn. I think the engraving is a real nice touch.