Thread: Best Source for clock parts

Best Source for clock parts

I'm looking for the best source for clock parts. Either mail order/internet of local to Minneapolis, MN.

I know Ken has a big box of the stuff, but I hear that the prices are outrageous
    Torre

A lack of thoughtfulness is different than a lack of intelligence, but often has the same net result

Peter,

Don't know if it is the best, but Klockit has a pretty good selection.

Noah
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 12-08-2003 at 1:24 PM.
    To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; wheter by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easeir because you have lived. This is the meaning of success.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Peter,

I've ordered from clockparts.com in the past and have been happy with the selection and prices. I guess it depends on what you are looking for - I picked up insert fit-ups.

Wes

Paul Kunkel Guest
    I've used 'Klockit" for years, even some of their high$$ Grandfather works. All good stuff: their 'Atomic' series are great! And of course the electronic chimes........(in a shop clock???)

Try S. Larose, www.slarose.com. Good on line store and a great catalog with any and every thing you could ever want.

Peter,

If you go to this link http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/pages/w00125.asp you'll find an article by C.H. Becksvoort on his Shaker wall clock. In the article, he has a link to a page "A movement for every price." I couldn't figure out how to paste it here, sorry. Anyway, click here and he gives a number of clock part companies with web addresses along with some advice on quality.

Jason

Noah, your "Klockit" link isn't working or didn't work for me.
    Lynn J. Sonier

I just used Klockit.com in getting the parts for a couple of the Woodsmith Mantel Clocks I made for XMAS gifts this year. I was very pleased with both the prices and the service.

http://www.klockit.com

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterTorresani
    I'm looking for the best source for clock parts. Either mail order/internet of local to Minneapolis, MN.

I know Ken has a big box of the stuff, but I hear that the prices are outrageous
    www.klockit.com is the source I have used most.

I do have a bunch of quartz movements if that is all you are looking for. PM me if that is what you are looking for. Prices are pretty darn close to zero
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Sonier
    Noah, your "Klockit" link isn't working or didn't work for me.
    I fixed Noah's link - the link is also on a couple more responses
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.