At 76" tall and 352 pounds the Rikon 18" band saw ain’t portable so the first thing I did was add a mobile base that Wood Craft recommended. I drilled through the base and the mobile base brackets for a very solid mount for the bolts. The band saw has a 220-volt, 2 HP motor with 2 speeds (1510 & 3220 FT/Min) and 12" re-saw and 18 3/8" width capacity.

Both wheels are full 18" diameter cast iron with flat crowned Urethane wheel belts. Note the location of the blade tension adjust handle, easy to get too and there is a window in the door that allows you to see the tension indicator with the door closed (I like that!)
[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y67/WoodySouth/UpperWheelAssy.jpg[/I
MG]
This is one of my favorite features of the saw, easy to use and locks down solid. It also has an adjustable backup stop that helps you go back to zero. Love this rack & pinion design.

Just an overall shot of the table area. Rikon has one of the largest tables (21 x 19, cast iron) with two 3/8" x ¾" tee slots. My table is dead flat and has a very smooth Blanchard ground surface finish. I really like the 38" table height off the floor. At 6 feet tall I had to bend over too much on other saws I looked at. This is just right for me.

A shot of the lower wheel & pulley assembly. The speed change shaft moves an idler pulley to allow easy belt changing. The lower door allows for sawdust removal without exposing you to the blade.

The lower roller blade guides are easy to get to and adjust. I don’t like the green plastic sawdust trap. Doesn’t work that well and creates a lot of noise when I use the 1" resaw blade. I’m going to replace it with a sheet of Urethane.

I replaced the original, POC fence with a piece of Bosh Aluminum extrusion. Now the fence is dead square with the table and very stable. The fence is easy to adjust for parallelism and the bomb sight scale is adjustable for true "0". I know you can buy better fences but this one works well for me now.

Shot of back, showing tension release handle, rack & pinion roller blade guide lock & raise/lower crank and the blade tracking adjust knob. I had heard that some later models had a problem with track adjustment. I have never had a problem with this one and have yet to adjust it again. I probably would if I ever put my ½" blade on the saw.

Resaw on this machine works very well (with timber Wolf Blades). Even the cheapo blade that comes with the saw cuts ok. I use it for cutting aluminum and plastic and save my better saws for wood. Capacity wise this saw is almost identical to other brand 19" saws and even has more throat capacity than some 19" machines. All in all, it is a very good general purpose band saw with lots of capacity and would probably meet 95% of most wood workers needs. It is not a
"resaw" bandsaw, although you can resaw with it. It’s a good band saw. And I like it and would buy it again.