Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CD Cabinet FINALLY Finshed-Delivered! *PICS*

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock
    <b><i>
    We never get any better at our craft if we never force ourselves to "stretch" our knowledge, skill and attitude.!!</i></b>
    Amen to that, Dennis. There is nothing more true about this or any other craft.

Cabinet

One word, AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbs up Wowser!!!

Dennis,

I think a big ol' attaboy is in order here. I knew you had it in you all along, ya just needed a little coaxin' to get it out. That is one beautiful piece and the inlay work is fabulous. I should think you'll be getting orders after some of that feller's friends see it. Be sure and quote high, it's worth it.

Great job,
    Bob

Dennis, that CD Cabinet is WAY NICE! I really can't add much more that hasn't already been said, but I think that is one of the most outstanding cabinets I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing! REALLY, REALLY NICE WORK DUDE!

A beautiful, beautiful job! Well done!
    Bryan in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada

Look alive! Here comes a buzzard! -- Pogo, by Walt Kelly

A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five. -- Groucho Marx.

I have had several questions about where to get the brass name plate.

I got them from:

Rick Doby
    rdoby@triad.rr.com

I have also been asked about why the wood grain runs differently on the shelves? The customer wanted a mix of "grain pattern" on the shelve and just enough to catch the eye for another look.

BTW, I used adjustable feet (3 of them) under the base and each foot supports up to 200 pounds each.

I think I have covered about all there is on this. I "think".
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Thumbs up

VERY Cool Dennis! It's easy to see why your customer was thrilled. Great work!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

That looks amazing! It's a fabulous piece and top class for sure!

Matt

I'm not sure exactly what to say after reading 3 pages of well deserved praise. My first impression was "oh wow". My second, third, and subsequent ones were more OH WOW! The inlay is brilliant. I stared at the close-up for minutes and realized it was ebony before reading the text. Where did you find that much ebony without streaks?

Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Marks
    Where did you find that much ebony without streaks?

Great work!
    Ed,

The ebony I got was gathered up for me by Mr. Bob Lasley in Tulsa, OK. He hand picked it for me and I saw that there simply wasn't hardly any streaks in this piece at all. All the hand clapping goes to <b>Mr. Lasley</b> for picking out such a fine piece of ebony for this project. I am sure that if I had of ordered it, it simply wouldn't have been this pretty of a piece.

Thanks for the great comments and praise.!! I worked long and hard on this and I had only hoped that my fellow ww'ers here on SMC would find this as a nice piece of work.

Now...if I can only make a piece of furniture...I mean a <b>bench</b> like Terry Hatfield's bench, I would be all set.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.