Thread: Some new pen kits of my own

Some new pen kits of my own

Well on the reccomendation of Ken I ordered some of the new streamlined 7mm pens from Berea. I wasn't expecting them to be shipped until today and would you know it they showed up at my door on Friday! Talk about great service and exceeding expectations. So anyway as luck would have it I had some blanks already glued up for the standard 7mm pens and since they are the same tube I decided to make a couple.

These are zebrawood and cedar. The cedar came from an old post in my yard. It is very old.

Also included are two more pens for my boss, another from the mahogany and the catalpa one. He ended up with 5 mahogany pens and 1 Catalpa.

Thanks for looking.

Noah
    Attached Images Attached Images
    To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; wheter by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easeir because you have lived. This is the meaning of success.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Great job, Noah. Ken's got some competition in the "expert pen turner" field...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Very nice pens Noah.!! Nice to see that the Ol Rebel is getting a little more competition now days with pen turning. How do you like the Streamlined Pen kits? I have thought about ordering some of those.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Jim, thanks for the compliment, I would not place myself in the expert pen field of Ken just yet though

Dennis, I really like the new kit. It is very nice and it is different. It gives you a really stylish look and is very simple to make. My only beef is that I don't think the Cross style pens write as nice as the Parker style, but I think the parker's need a bigger tube so it is a trade off.

Noah
    To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; wheter by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easeir because you have lived. This is the meaning of success.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

I really like those ...

Quote Originally Posted by Noah Alkinburgh
    Well on the reccomendation of Ken I ordered some of the new streamlined 7mm pens from Berea ... These are zebrawood and cedar. The cedar came from an old post in my yard. It is very old. Also included are two more pens for my boss, another from the mahogany and the catalpa one. He ended up with 5 mahogany pens and 1 Catalpa.

Thanks for looking.

Noah
    I'm going to have to order some of those kits, too. Those wood choices show them off well. Looks like you're doing an excellent job. Keep up the good work. When I make mine ... I might try a larger box,though. Keep having fun and posting picts!

Ron
    Thanks, Ron

Those look great Noah!

Matt