Thread: Trivia or mystery?

Trivia or mystery?

Hi,
    I usually post over on the Neander forum but this is definitely a question for power users!
    I just came across the fact that Norm's New Yankee Workshop has a PO box in South Burlington (close to where I live). Does anyone know why? Is the workshop near here? (I always assumed it was in or near Boston) Is the location really a secret?
    -Andy

The shop Norm uses on his show is not his shop but the show's producer...at least that's what I've been told.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I thought Normies shop was attached to his house. At least that was what I concluded from his commentary on past shows.
    Kyle in K'zoo
    Screws are kinda like knots, if you can't use the right one, use lots of 'em.
    The greatest tragedy in life is the gruesome murder of a beautiful theory by a brutal gang of facts.

The "New Yankee Workshop" is at the home of Russ Morash, the show's producer, somewhere in the Boston area. The VT address is just a mail order location.

The shop is at Russ Morash's(the show producer) house which I believe is located in Lexington, MA . The post office box in South Burlington is the location of a supplier of most of the tapes of shows produced by WGBH in Boston. At one time I think Norm lived near Haverhill or Lowell, MA, but I am not positive about that.

BTW. I think that the shop is only about 24x36 and the finishing area and lumber storage are separate.

CPeter

Only 24 X 36

Quote Originally Posted by CPeter James
    The shop is at Russ Morash's(the show producer) house which I believe is located in Lexington, MA . The post office box in South Burlington is the location of a supplier of most of the tapes of shows produced by WGBH in Boston. At one time I think Norm lived near Haverhill or Lowell, MA, but I am not positive about that.

BTW. I think that the shop is only about 24x36 and the finishing area and lumber storage are separate.

CPeter
    I am dreaming of building a shop in the next year and was planning on 20 x 20 so 24 x 36 sounds really huge to me.

Norms shop is the building you see during the show the victory Garden. NYW is filmed inside VG on the outside.

Thanks for info, everyone.
    -Andy

Sturbridge Village(sp?) or very close to it according to a friend of mine who lives in the area. Yes it is also on the grounds where a lot of the Victory Garden is taped. One day, just maybe one day, when Norm hangs up his television tool belt, there will be limited tours there. That's my hope anyways! I think the dude has built incredible projects over the years and has such a humble demeanor, which makes him even more likeable. Long live the New Yankee Workshop!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave
    Life is a gift, not a guarantee.

I had a very old book on the show This Old House. If I remember correctly, I believe Norm's finishing room is also the potting room on the show Victory Garden. Also, I believe Russ Morash met Norm as a carpenter that he hired to do work on the barn which houses the NYW.

-Jeff

You can find out more than you ever wanted to know about Norm's shop on Rod Peterson's website. It's www.woodbutcher.net.