Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FYI Oneida DC 3hp Gorilla on sale

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FYI Oneida DC 3hp Gorilla on sale

Just for your information: The 3 hp Oneida Gorilla dust collector just went on sale. $130 off its regular price. If you call today or tomorrow and ask for Jessie there is also a free remote control thrown in. The free remote control is from an email promotion on the 2 and 3 hp Gorilla systems that is ending ( according to Jessie ) tomorrow. The money off the 3hp Gorilla System just started so the promotions overlapped a couple of days. FYI
    Gary
    Last edited by "Gary Brewer"; 02-08-2007 at 6:09 PM.

Hmmmmmmmmm.........

You're enticing me with that post Gary. I want one of those real, real bad and have been trying to pass it by the wife. I am surpised that they took $130 off and are throwing in a free remote. That is the first time that I have seen the price go down or there be a special on an Oneida Dust Collector. I am sure they have before, but I have never caught the special.
    Now to go work on that wife of mine!!!!! I'll be forced to watch Lifetime "television for women" this evening and I'll probably have to throw in a massage,............... but a free remote you say .............................to be continued.

Dave
    Life is a gift, not a guarantee.

I'd say that's a great deal....I've never heard of Oneida putting stuff on sale......

Every company occasionally has promotions and Oneida is no different. That sounds like a super deal...if you can swing it, go for it!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Sale duration??

Anyone heard how long the winter sale is going for? I am looking at the pro2000, it is on sale as well.

6. Hello everyone,

I'm a newbee woodworker spent some time admiring this wonderful forum and now decided to ask a couple of questions.

Can anyone who owns this machine in simple terms describe how noisy is this 3HP Gorilla ?
    Can you survive 15 minutes within 10 feet from it ?
    Can you compare the noise with something familiar like noise of ripping 2x4 on a table saw ?

Can this machine fully eliminate dust in my 480sf workshop ? I'm literally geting sick everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Chavchich
    Can this machine fully eliminate dust in my 480sf workshop ? I'm literally geting sick everytime.
    Andrew, no machine can do that. But a good collector with appropriately sized duct and hoods for point of production collection will greatly reduce your discomfort. The more you collect at the source, the less there is in the air. But if you are sensitive in any way, you still must use personal protection.

The Gorilla will be loud, but not like many of the "screechier" power tools. Normal hearing protection will greatly reduce it's effect on you. Some of us have chosen to put our systems in a closet to reduce direct sound transmission...mine is that way and the only time the noise of it running becomes noticable is when a gate is opened and the noise of the air rushing into the tool hood comes into play.
    --

Hello everyone,

Can anyone who owns this machine in simple terms describe how noisy is this 3HP Gorilla ? Can this machine fully eliminate dust in my 480sf workshop ?
    I am a very satisfied owner. Wearing my ear plugs that are rated at 28 decibels, the DC together with my 410 Elite are hardly an issue. A lot of times I just leave the DC running with the saw off while I am remeasuring the next pieces. My shop is a 480 sq. ft 2-car cement block garage with a slightly raised pitch ceiling without any sound deadening insulation on walls or ceiling. I have the remote which is a blessing.

Hi Andrew,

Hello everyone,
    Can you survive 15 minutes within 10 feet from it ?
    I work within 10 feet of mine and have no problems with noise but it is located on the otherside of a 6" insulated garage wall. My shop is approx 21' x 23' x 9'. I wear ear protection most of the time.

Can you compare the noise with something familiar like noise of ripping 2x4 on a table saw ?
    I would describe it as simular to a loud clothes dryer speeded up somewhat.

Probably not, but if you took the time to get really good dust hoods made for each machine it would help. For some of the smaller tools I'm currently looking at Festool because of its well known ability to collect dust.

Regards,
    Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Evans
    Anyone heard how long the winter sale is going for? I am looking at the pro2000, it is on sale as well.
    Apparently it's still going on, I was looking to put together my own dc unit and saw last night they have some Baldor 3 horse motors and filters on sale. Might just have to jump on that one.

The harbor freight duct collector is on sale now for $135....normally $260. Its a 2hp 2 filterbag, 12" impeller, 1600 CFM, 30 micron affair. I plan on replacing the bags with a 0.5 micron filter for another $100. That will increase the airflow significantly as the pleated filter has about 10x the area of the bag and better filtration. thats the sale price plus another 20% off with a coupon sent out.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne ateser
    1600 CFM
    Not possible...and the 2hp is also dubious. But many folks do enjoy the machine as an inexpensive dust and chip collection once they upgrade the filtration.
    --

13. Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    ...But many folks do enjoy the machine as an inexpensive dust and chip collection once they upgrade the filtration.
    I do think it is an incredible value too
    especially after filter upgrade:
    http://www.msu.edu/user/olsonbr2/HFDC/HF-DC.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Not possible...and the 2hp is also dubious. But many folks do enjoy the machine as an inexpensive dust and chip collection once they upgrade the filtration.
    Here are the specs...rated at 1600cfm and 2hp 14a. Works fantastic. I need to make a seperator to keep the wrenches it occassionaly grabs from disintegrating the impeller. Only $134 with additional discount coupon. 30 micron bags. Its quiet too. I used to use a shopvac and had to wear ear protection for that. This one sounds just like.....well.......a lot of air whooshing.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=45378

Wayne the HF specs are flawed/creative for CFM and HP. A true 2hp induction motor on 120v will pull close to or over 20 amps if my memory isn't flawed. And the CFM figure is impossible for the blower size and inlet diameter, even at "free air". ( 0" SP)
    --